New Story Ideas

Started by Rhadamant, August 29, 2016, 06:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhadamant

Hi all! I've done two (somewhat incomplete) pictorial story playthroughs before and they became some of the most viewed stories in this forum.

Living 270 days on an ice sheet. A pictorial story.

A Tale of Desert Pacifists

I'm looking for ideas a new playthrough now that we've got the power of the Scenario editor. It won't exactly be a democratic selection, I want to pick what I think will best fuel a great story, but hit me with your ideas! In a few days I'll pick one of the best suggestions and run with it!

Thank you!

MeowRailroad

A hillbilly moonshine colony? Research brewing and drugs ASAP for that.
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

A Friend

Quote from: A Friend on July 15, 2016, 09:41:02 AM
I'm gonna go try a lost expedition type of thing too. Ice sheet start with about a dozen or 15 people, a dev mode built research base and lots of food but no traders or raids. Trying to make it last until the food runs out and everything goes to hell. The crew may cannibalize each other or pry off walls to create some extra hydrophonics at the risk of exposing themselves to the cold.

I never really gotten the chance to try it myself tho. But I would love to hear how this would turn out.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Rhadamant

@MeowRailroad and @A Friend

Both great ideas. I personally like to challenge myself as much as possible, much like my other two stories. Ice sheet with no plants and few animals, or in the hottest desert I could find with only pacifists, etc. I like your ideas but they might be too easy for me.

MeowRailroad

I started my own hillbilly colony and I have a "big ol' shack" with 4 bedrooms, a kitchen, and a fridge, and I set up a wind turbine (like an old farm windmill) to power the freezer. Lighting is handled by torches to simulate oil lamps or candles. We are growing corn, potatoes, and cotton.
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

Barazen

How about a drugden gang? No crop growing except drugs, raid every visitor to piss off all factions, only dealing with orbital traders to 'export' your weapons/ drugs/ slaves.

Just generally see how the WORST of the rimworld would really fare?
I think that'll be nigh impossible
Anyone else felt their heart break when a pawns marriage falls apart?
Doc & Valarie, I shipped it, she flipped it.

Rhadamant

Quote from: Barazen on August 30, 2016, 09:30:33 PM
How about a drugden gang? No crop growing except drugs, raid every visitor to piss off all factions, only dealing with orbital traders to 'export' your weapons/ drugs/ slaves.

Just generally see how the WORST of the rimworld would really fare?
I think that'll be nigh impossible

I like this idea! Thanks