CK - Animal & Plant Pack [WIP]

Started by Coercion, August 29, 2016, 07:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What ecosystem should be overhauled next?

Arid Shrubland
3 (21.4%)
Ice Sheet, Tundra or Boreal Forest
2 (14.3%)
Desert or Extreme Desert
2 (14.3%)
Temperate Forest
7 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Coercion

I added textures for the White Tiger and Snow Leopard.

EDIT: and the Arctic Hare.

lance_hardwood

@fluffe

"there"  "there is"  "they're"  "their"    all different words with different meanings.. google it.. please

Coercion

I added a poll. Please provide feedback.

Aleksh

I can tell you're having fun colouring the animals. ^^
Ya'll keep mentioning mods whenever a suggestion is brought up. Come on, lads! Take that to the "mod nomination" thread!

Fluffe

I think there is a limit on how many animals can be on the map at a time so i dont think overpopulation will be a problem cause after a certain amount of animals they stop coming on the map (then again im not 100% sure lol) so i dont know if over population is possible but i may be wrong but who knows lol (btw lance i dont care about grammar to much lol)

Coercion

Quote from: Aleksh on September 01, 2016, 06:57:27 AM
I can tell you're having fun colouring the animals. ^^

I am :)

I will work on the Tapir and Anteater next or the Horse and Zebra to add some diversity from the big cats.

After that, maybe I will do a Triceratops teaser ;)

Coercion

Quote from: Fluffe on September 01, 2016, 12:26:45 PM
I think there is a limit on how many animals can be on the map at a time so i dont think overpopulation will be a problem cause after a certain amount of animals they stop coming on the map (then again im not 100% sure lol) so i dont know if over population is possible but i may be wrong but who knows lol (btw lance i dont care about grammar to much lol)

Interesting. It would be nice to get confirmation on this. If this turns out to not be a problem, I guess its a mute point :)

Aleksh

Having a variety of animals in a biome is normal when it comes to that whole food chain thing(not sure how it's called in english).
That would mean that those damn panthers stop trying to attack your huskies because there's no more prey left.
Ya'll keep mentioning mods whenever a suggestion is brought up. Come on, lads! Take that to the "mod nomination" thread!

ThiIsMe007

Voted "biome diversity is always good".

Eagerly looking forward to playing with your mod.

Coercion

I should have version 1.0 out soon.

EldVarg

W00t! A also just started to make a similar mod. Maybe we could combine our efforts? Made 4 new animals and counting.

Edit: Attaching image, done Panda, Black Bear, Cave Bear, Giant Tortoise (and made Polar Bear bigger and nastier).

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

SpaceDorf

I vote Biome Diversity :)
More Meat Diversity.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Coercion

Quote from: EldVarg on September 02, 2016, 12:19:47 PM
W00t! A also just started to make a similar mod. Maybe we could combine our efforts? Made 4 new animals and counting.

Your mod is looking good :)

There is a Panda Bear and Black Bear in my Animal Pack as well. We could keep separate mods, but try and avoid duplicates when possible. I have a specific vision in mind for this mod, so I don't want to deviate from it at this point, but there is nothing wrong with multiple and different animals packs :) I will be focusing on real, non-extinct, wild animals in the near term. I will probably be creating a Dinosaur Pack as well from the feedback in this thread. If you run into any issues or bugs though, we could definitly help each other with lessons learned.

gillsminnow

Was pointed in the direction of this thread by kaptain_kavern (thanks). Absolutely drooling at the prospect of dinosaur Rimworld setting.

Coercion

I will be releasing Version 1.0 of this mod soon. So, I wanted to let you guys know what will be included in it.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

First of all, the purpose of this mod is to: add a significant amount of new animals to the game and increase fauna biome diversity. So, although I will be adding animals to all biomes eventually, Version 1.0 of this mod will focus on the Tropical Rainforest biome.

Version 1.0

Tropical Rainforest

Animal Density decreased from 7.2 to 6.0

Wild Animals Added to Biome (11): Anteater, Gorilla, Jaguar, Komodo Dragon, Orangutan, Panda Bear, Sloth, Tapir, Tiger, White Tiger, Iguana
Wild Animals Removed from Biome (7): Alpaca, Boomalope, Emu, Rat, Tortoise, Turkey, Wild Boar

Pack Animals Added to Biome: Elephant
Pack Animals Removed from Biome: Muffalo

Common: Anteater, Capybara, Chinchilla, Elephant, Monkey, Sloth, Tapir
Uncommon: Gorilla, Jaguar, Orangutan, Panda Bear, Tiger
Rare: Cobra, Komodo Dragon, Panther, Iguana
Very Rare: Cassowary, White Tiger