[A17] QualityBuilder - build like never before! (V 0.17.3 : 25.05.17)

Started by Hatti, August 29, 2016, 08:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hatti

QualityBuilder - build like never before!

This post is outdated. Please visit my Modlist Post

Description:

With QualityBuilder all buildings that have quality (beds, tables etc) will only be build by the best builder to ensure the best outgoing quality. Every other constructor will be able to bring in the materials, but only the best one will build it.

If you know Skilledbuilder, you know that QualityBuilder do the same thing?!

Why use QualityBuilder if there is already a mod that makes this?

With QualityBuilder you are able to set a minimum quality you want on a Object you want to build.
Tired of placing, deconstructing and replacing 100 of beds just to get some decent ones? This has an end now! You can set the minimum quality you want to get from you selected objects.

If the finished object does not met your minimum quality requirements, it will get deconstructed and replaced in same position and same stuff.

In the Architect->Order menu you have 2 new designators to set or unset if only the best constructor should build.
If you select one or more things that have quality, you see a toggle command. Do a right click on it to get the floatmenu for setting your minimum quality for these objects you want to get.

• After selecting one or more objects with quality, you have the toggle command to set or unset construction by only best constructor.
    With a right click you open up the floatmenu to set the desired minimum quality you want to have.

• Designators in Architect->Order menu to set or unset only best constructor to build

Youtube video

Compability
Will have issues with Skilledbuilder
This mod is save compatible. But there is one known bug with existing saves:
- If you deconstruct a object with quality, it will be placed again cause the flag from QualityBuilder is not available.

Author
Hatti

Download

A17
Dropbox
Steam Workshop

A16
Dropbox

A15
Dropbox

Changelog

All futher changes in the main modlist thread available under
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28678.msg289086#msg289086
V 1.0.6
- Fixed issue that nothing with QualityBuilder designation will be build, if the best constructor is incapable of moving or manipulation. The next best constructor will build instead.

V 1.0.5
- Fixed issue that QualityBuilder does not work on not active maps

V 1.0.4
- A16 compability fix for new build

V 1.0.3
- A16 compability

V 1.0.2
- Fixed compability issue with "Hand me that Brick" mod
- Fixed issue if a Building with quality options was build on a power line

V 1.0.1
- A15c update

V 1.0.0
- Initial release.

How to install:

Non Steam:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Special credits and thanks:

QualityBuilder is the descendant of Skilledbuilder with some nice addtions.
Thanks and credits to shadwar for Skilledbuilder and the inpiration, after i updated it for A14 and A15, to make QualityBuilder.

Authors from CCL for some nice code snippets

Dave-In-Texas

fantastic!

I can see this as being a wayto quickly level a contructor when I have plenty of materials, lol.
Just set it to legendary and let that new guy with 1 construction and a passion go.

Dingo

Really great mod. Is there an option to maybe have a minimum build stat along with "best builder"? For example, if I have two constructors in my colony above skill 10 and I don't mind either one building it.

Shinzy

Oh wow! how many times did you have to make this mod before it reached the superior quality? :p

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Hatti

Quote from: Dingo on August 30, 2016, 02:10:07 PM
Really great mod. Is there an option to maybe have a minimum build stat along with "best builder"? For example, if I have two constructors in my colony above skill 10 and I don't mind either one building it.

nope there isnt and currently i dont know where to implement the controls for this. someone prefere this, someone prefere this.
This mod wont get ccl if its available. But if ccl is available, fluffys worktab will also be a thing again, so you cant modify vanilla worktab to add controls for it ( as example )

if you have 3 builders at lvl 7 which are the highest level, the mod WONT prefere the one with highest ep.

mabor0shi

This is so ingenious. I know it's a descendant of Skilledbuilder, but hat's off to Hatti for taking it up a notch or two. It blends so well with Vanilla that it if I hadn't installed myself I would have thought it was Vanilla. I love the way the option for selecting minimum quality avoids adding clutter. This mod is second only to HaulPriority mod in practicality and usefulness. After just a few RimWorld days, my colony can no longer imagine life without QualityBuilder. Nothing better than a mod that makes a game less frustrating & tedious, without making it less (or more) challenging. tl;dr thx OP
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

tommiethegun

Instant download - thanks! I was just wanting exactly this in my play through last night :)

Dingo

Quote from: Hatti on August 30, 2016, 05:36:38 PM
-snip-

nope there isnt and currently i dont know where to implement the controls for this. someone prefere this, someone prefere this.
This mod wont get ccl if its available. But if ccl is available, fluffys worktab will also be a thing again, so you cant modify vanilla worktab to add controls for it ( as example )

if you have 3 builders at lvl 7 which are the highest level, the mod WONT prefere the one with highest ep.

Oh well, worth a shot. :P Still a fantastic mod.

Draconicrose

Amazing mod. I'm just posting so it gets more attention. This is even better than the mod it was based on!
I have a Rimworld Let's Play for you -> Let's Play Rimworld Playlist

FoxXeL

Awesome!!! I can't wait for CCL so I can play Rimworld again. Will definetly try this one.

Zakhad

Don't you get less material if you deconstruct something? Seems a tiny bit cheesey if you never loose materials you might as well remove the quality modifier. I don't mean to be negative, just my thoughts, I'm glad it fixed the CTD that Linux users were having.

Draconicrose

Quote from: Zakhad on September 03, 2016, 03:42:26 PM
Don't you get less material if you deconstruct something?

This mod doesn't remove that. You still 'waste' materials, same as if you were doing it by hand.
I have a Rimworld Let's Play for you -> Let's Play Rimworld Playlist

SpaceDorf

Sorry but I have to share this, its always in my ear when I see the topic ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYKsjdkdRbw

Built, like you never built before ..
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.