Does there exist a swampy biome?

Started by MerlosTheMad, August 29, 2016, 11:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MerlosTheMad

Like a biome with tons and tons of aggravating shallow water mixed intermittently with little islands for building upon.

buttflexspireling

I think I heard that the swampy biome has been in production for some
time. Unfortunately there are the voices of the many rioters that don't seem to know what they want. As such, the Ludeon team doesn't appear to know what to do to keep up with demand for new content lately. Perhaps it's political.

MerlosTheMad

Hm, does Tynan hold community polls?

eadras

There's no swamp biome, but boreal forests often have quite of bit of marshland.

Barazen

I would love that, especially if you could build bridges! Would 100% go full tribal swamp town and never progress from there!
Anyone else felt their heart break when a pawns marriage falls apart?
Doc & Valarie, I shipped it, she flipped it.

TheDirge

Quote from: Barazen on August 30, 2016, 02:44:58 AM
I would love that, especially if you could build bridges! Would 100% go full tribal swamp town and never progress from there!

So you want a Louisiana redneck tribe?

Morze

Or wooden supports in general. Allow building on marshland, but can't support structures made from stone or metal. Kind of lowtech alternative to Moisture pump. Maybe make it ugly to look at to balance it (in addition to fragility and flammability that come with wood, ofc)?

MerlosTheMad

Quote from: Morze on August 30, 2016, 03:25:44 AM
Or wooden supports in general. Allow building on marshland, but can't support structures made from stone or metal. Kind of lowtech alternative to Moisture pump. Maybe make it ugly to look at to balance it (in addition to fragility and flammability that come with wood, ofc)?

this sort of thing almost gets into layering, which Id love to see but I think Tynan said he wanted to avoid.

Morze

Quote from: MerlosTheMad on August 30, 2016, 05:44:51 AM

this sort of thing almost gets into layering, which Id love to see but I think Tynan said he wanted to avoid.

Not neccessarily. It could be similiar to flooring with couple of expections and maybe a fancy texture.