Is it just me? Or do the colonists tend to avoid eating at the table more often

Started by shaw357, August 29, 2016, 11:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaw357

Feels like my colonists will just carry a meal with them all the time, wait until they get hungry, and just pop a seat on the floor for a meal if they don't feel like walking. Sometimes when they're close they use the table, but not as much as I'd like.

FMK

I'm definitely noticing this too. They can be within like, 20 tiles of a table and instead decide to just eat off the floor, which was never an issue I had in Alpha 14.

HallaK9

It would be nice if we had an option to mark 'Dinner' in the daily schedule.  Pawns would then make their way to your dining room / lounge to eat and socialize.

Doc Savage NDMF

I'm seeing this as well. I used to mark strict schedules for joy and work and they always made sure to eat at the table during work time. I started assigning more anything time and saw a lot of sitting and eating wherever they were, so I went back to scheduling the time. Unfortunately the stopping and eating wherever in A15 hasn't ceased. Wouldn't care if the negative was gone because they chose to eat there...

Even being able to set meals won't guarantee a table though. If they're out hunting it would be the same thing as when they kill something and just leave it there or when they drop what they're doing to go do something else. They'd get almost to the table and then the schedule would say work. They'd walk all that way for nothing and not even eat, so you'd get multiple negatives instead of just the table one.

I'd rather see the negative go away as I don't choose where or when the pawn eats. I'd rather see a small positive for eating at a table that I can "win" if I schedule or manage tasks smart to keep them closer to home so they actually have a shot at doing it.
_

Serenity

On the other hand carry meals with them can be very helpful during combat. People often get hungry waiting for enemies to attack. Once during an infestation I had people getting grumpy from the confined space and hunger. Thankfully two of them had meals with them and I was able to give them to others.

Shinzy

Quote from: FMK on August 30, 2016, 01:54:48 AM
I'm definitely noticing this too. They can be within like, 20 tiles of a table and instead decide to just eat off the floor, which was never an issue I had in Alpha 14.

Oh I've seen this happening in a14, too
and if I'm not completely remembering wrong it's been a thing ever since the pocketmeals became a thing
they just like to eat on the floor :p bastards

Dave-In-Texas

Quote from: Shinzy on August 30, 2016, 11:35:49 AM
Quote from: FMK on August 30, 2016, 01:54:48 AM

Oh I've seen this happening in a14, too
and if I'm not completely remembering wrong it's been a thing ever since the pocketmeals became a thing
they just like to eat on the floor :p bastards

I started tossing modular tables all over and it helps, lol.  dining out so to speak

Aatxe360

I mostly see them eat without a table after a large raid or hunt.  I guess I could put a table out there for picnics.

Aleksh

Honestly, the idea of having a "dinner" scheduel makes up for pocket meals. I would love to see that as a feature.
Ya'll keep mentioning mods whenever a suggestion is brought up. Come on, lads! Take that to the "mod nomination" thread!

PotatoeTater

Scheduling eating times would be nice. My main solution though is placing tables in little picnic areas around my base, that way they will have places to eat when working. My dinning room mainly gets used during breakfast since all pawns pickup meals usually in the mornings.
Life is Strange

ThiIsMe007

I am still on a14, and noticed it a couple of times too.

It doesn't really bother me, except when a colonist just wakes up, proceeds to eat raw insect meat in her inventory (because she is my expert tamer, she always keeps a couple of those on her), while a nice and cozy living room with every amenity she could wish for is just down the corridor.

I find it even funny when my colonists head into the jail, to use the lower-quality table there, while prisoners have to either wait, watching ("see that yummy food you aren't getting?"), or eat on the floor.

RemingtonRyder

I just build extra places for them to eat. Because tables are also sometimes a place for colonists to chill out, it can help with avoiding a long trek to fulfil the joy need.