Struggling with mental breaks

Started by Scotty, August 30, 2016, 11:14:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotty

Hello!
I have noticed that my colony is falling apart due to constant mental breaks.
I do my best to keep them happy, but due to the wierd priorties the place never gets cleaned etc

Has anyone had the same problem? Im going to have to restart my colony after less than a year :(

LouisTBR

It is just poor management.
Make sure your colonists have at least 2 solid hours of joy time on the regime, and give them a couple of horseshoe pins and invest in a chess table.

Spend a day on tidying up your base by adjusting priorities, try this about once every 2 seasons. After a couple of days you will see a reduction in mental breaks :P

Hope this helped
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

Scotty

Quote from: Louisthebadassrimworlder on August 30, 2016, 11:21:41 AM
It is just poor management.
Make sure your colonists have at least 2 solid hours of joy time on the regime, and give them a couple of horseshoe pins and invest in a chess table.

Spend a day on tidying up your base by adjusting priorities, try this about once every 2 seasons. After a couple of days you will see a reduction in mental breaks :P

Hope this helped

i will give that a try :)
i have never edited the daily things :P, also i give them to much building work to do

LouisTBR

Come back to me and tell me how it went :P
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

Scotty

Quote from: Louisthebadassrimworlder on August 30, 2016, 11:35:15 AM
Come back to me and tell me how it went :P
i will if i remember
i am going to start a new settlement :P

Wex

I give them 2 hours of joy as they wake up, a free hour, then work for 10 hours, 2 free hours and then sleep for 7. It works.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

LouisTBR

Interesting. I do 10PM-6AM Sleep, 7AM Joy and then work until 8PM, 9PM Joy and then 10PM Bed...

PotatoeTater

One of the big things I like to do is set zones called deep clean 1,2 etc that cover everything, but productions and interacting stuff. I then once before planting time and once after harvest will set colonists to each zone and let them spend a full day cleaning. The barn area sometimes gets hit more often than that as well as the hospital getting cleaned after every major uses, but otherwise my colony stays really clean.
Life is Strange

Dave-In-Texas

Quote from: Scotty on August 30, 2016, 11:14:29 AM
Hello!
I have noticed that my colony is falling apart due to constant mental breaks.
I do my best to keep them happy, but due to the wierd priorties the place never gets cleaned etc

Has anyone had the same problem? Im going to have to restart my colony after less than a year :(

For my problem people it used to be enough to set their waking hours to all joy.  That keeps them with the tons'o joy buff.  In A15 thats a big help but I find I either need to resort to joints and/or a big impressive bedroom for that buff.  Of course fine meals would probably help too.

LouisTBR

Quote from: PotatoeTater on August 30, 2016, 11:57:54 AM
One of the big things I like to do is set zones called deep clean 1,2 etc that cover everything, but productions and interacting stuff. I then once before planting time and once after harvest will set colonists to each zone and let them spend a full day cleaning. The barn area sometimes gets hit more often than that as well as the hospital getting cleaned after every major uses, but otherwise my colony stays really clean.
Oh cool idea. I am gonna try this too :P

Scotty

Colony seems more stable now with joy objects.
I also didnt give them to much to do this time.
Some of it last time was due to the amount of raids i got lol

LouisTBR