Loading game failed after update version 0.15.1280

Started by Olimarine, August 30, 2016, 04:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimarine

Hello,

I try to explain my issue.
1-What the circumstances were.
I play to rimworld with Steam. I would like use my last save game in 0.14.1249.rev942 but steam has download the lastest version 0.15.1280.
2-What happened.
The save is displays correctly but I can not play. Any menu or text are display.

3-What you expected to happen.
I expect I can play as yesterday ;-).

savegame
Enclose to this message

Log File
   The log file is empty

Thanks for help I have no time to restart a new game :/
Olimarine

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

nccvoyager

Alpha 14 games are not directly compatible with Alpha 15.

On Steam, you can currently force Steam to revert to Alpha 14.

Right-click RimWorld in your library, and select properties.
Select the betas tab.
Choose "alpha 14 -" from the drop-down menu.
Leave the beta access code box empty.
Click "Check Code" button, and then close the menu.

If you later want to play the newest version of the game, you must go through this process again, and select to "opt out of all betas."

However, if you really want to play your Alpha 14 colony in Alpha 15, you can attempt the procedure detailed here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/4zrotj/guide_how_to_update_an_a14_save_to_a15/

Note that this process is not directly endorsed by Ludeon Studios, and any bugs encountered after that point will likely be considered invalid for reporting, as you are using an altered save file.

Calahan

@ Olimarine - Did the information kindly provided by nccvoyager help solve your problem, and allow you to continue your A14 save game?

@ nccvoyager - Many thanks for helping out here and providing a very detailed step-by-step walkthrough for reverting to A14 on Steam. Really appreciate that. (and I'll be bookmarking your post so I can reference it if/when the next Steam user asks about reverting to A14).

nccvoyager

@Calahan - No problem. I have been enjoying Rimworld for several months now, and helping others enjoy the game is something I like to do.
  I have also come to understand that there is no longer a method to actually stop Steam from automatically updating to a new version.
(Selecting the option to disable auto-update only stops Steam from updating a game until the game is launched. At that point, Steam automatically updates to the newest version. Unless you have a beta version, which hasn't been updated, selected.)
  Thus, having the ability to manually revert to a previous version is nice, especially without cross-version save compatibility.
(Though, obviously, the process is a little more in-depth than just clicking a button somewhere.)