[A15] Realistic Medical System (31.08.2016)

Started by Ykara, August 30, 2016, 08:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nictis

Quote from: Serenity on September 09, 2016, 12:07:15 AM
How about there being more consequences to injuries? I'm fine with being able to heal even devastating injuries completely, but I think it's ridiculous how it often takes less than a day. Even for serious stuff. Pawns should spend a significant number of days in the hospital for serious injuries (completely realistically it would take weeks, but that wouldn't play well). Medium injuries could require a few days in the hospital. Penalties from smaller injuries could also last longer. This would also make the differences between different treatment qualities more noticeable.
Even worse than the insane healing speed is how fast we can recover blood... I once watched my doctor save someone who took a bullet to the heart, and a ton of other wounds besides. Extreme bloodloss went to nothing in an hour.

Dragoon

When you get eye transplants in real life you don't need constant treatments. Same for kidney transplants. So why do natural organs require constant treatment? That is not realistic.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Adventurer

Quote from: Dragoon on September 13, 2016, 12:34:43 AM
When you get eye transplants in real life you don't need constant treatments. Same for kidney transplants. So why do natural organs require constant treatment? That is not realistic.
Indeed, this mod has some good ideas but needs to be rethought.

Don Tacos

Quote from: Adventurer on September 13, 2016, 01:15:36 AM
Quote from: Dragoon on September 13, 2016, 12:34:43 AM
Indeed, this mod has some good ideas but needs to be rethought.

A modern eye transplant involves transplanting the cornea.  This does not require immunosuppressant drugs because it is immunologically privileged, like the rest of the eye, the testes, and the brain.  Kidneys and other organs are not, and most organ transplants require the taking of immunosuppressants for the rest of one's life.

Anyways, wonderful mod. I love anything that makes the game harder and expands the medical system.

Aristocat

Quote from: Don Tacos on September 14, 2016, 12:14:06 AM
A modern eye transplant involves transplanting the cornea.  This does not require immunosuppressant drugs because it is immunologically privileged, like the rest of the eye, the testes, and the brain.  Kidneys and other organs are not, and most organ transplants require the taking of immunosuppressants for the rest of one's life.

Anyways, wonderful mod. I love anything that makes the game harder and expands the medical system.
QuotePRIVILEGED

TRIGGERED

Spaykers

Well, i admit , it's good idea :) , however, this is futuristic world. It will be cool to add "rib of compatibily" (suggestion name) for avoid this constent treatment .

Or more ,

a duplicating chamber of body part from colonist who require the DNA of the patient who want a new hand,lung or leg , avoiding the life treatment. This chamber could require human meat , for the down side of this technologie, making you thinking twice about butchering humans.

I feel this mod like a must have but something is missing (something i just describe :p ). It's realy more challenging for the begining of the colony to take care even more of everyone, but when you have 20 colonist in end game, as i know, most of my colonist have lungs, leavers or bionic replacements.

What i just describe as a solution would give a proper end game, when your technology is ready,  Jhon Smith will at last , stop eating all the medi kits .
If i add this mod now, my colony will look like a medical center :/ .

Antaios

Is it normal for the AI chip to need ongoing treatment? Aren't synthetic replacements supposed to only suffer initial rejection?

Ida still needs weekly treatment for her AI chip after a season. the condition doesn't say rejection anymore either, it's just "AI Chip -> next treatment in..."

Don Tacos

Found a bug in your mod.  You forgot to add <isBionic>true</isBionic> to the bionic parts in Hediffs_Local_AddedParts.xml.  This means prostophobes are worry free and prostophiles are never pleased.

Canute

Anyone got problems to install any rib's ?
They don't show up at the list.

Voker57

There's a bug with several bionics (for example, exoskeleton suit and joywire), they never go from just installed to accustoming.

Voker57

Quote from: Voker57 on November 06, 2016, 05:54:06 AM
There's a bug with several bionics (for example, exoskeleton suit and joywire), they never go from just installed to accustoming.

Fixed issue with exoskeleton by adding
<initialSeverity>0.001</initialSeverity>
      <comps>
         <li>
            <compClass>HediffComp_SeverityPerDay</compClass>
            <severityPerDay>0.07</severityPerDay>
         </li>
      </comps>

to <HediffDef Name="ImplantBase" Abstract="True">

Fixing joywire is probably more diffucult.

jmababa

hope your fix gets added in next version of medical compilation

erathia

Came across a bug, one of my colonist have a persistant need for medecine even if there is no more rejection applied to that synthetic  organ (a lung)
Pic related:

Headshotkill

Sukesa