[A15] Realistic Medical System (31.08.2016)

Started by Ykara, August 30, 2016, 08:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grifo

Hi, Ykara!

i wanted to tweak DE surgeries mod to make it more realistic and my biggest interest was to introduce post-surgery recovering conditions. It seems like you maybe only one on this forum who understand how this can be done. When I use install_artificialpart recipe, hediffdefs for this part work fine and I can tweak recovery time, stages and stuff. But as soon as I use  install_naturalpart recipe nothing seems to work. After surgery, damaged part just fully recovers and dissapears from the health tab. So peglegs have more options and variables than liver, or i dont know something?

I bet you have some secret knowldge in this department. I see you dont have a lot of time to mantain mods or hangout at forums, but maybe you will give me some short hint on the subject?

Best reards!

Ykara

Quote from: grifo on January 16, 2017, 08:17:16 PM
Hi, Ykara!

i wanted to tweak DE surgeries mod to make it more realistic and my biggest interest was to introduce post-surgery recovering conditions. It seems like you maybe only one on this forum who understand how this can be done. When I use install_artificialpart recipe, hediffdefs for this part work fine and I can tweak recovery time, stages and stuff. But as soon as I use  install_naturalpart recipe nothing seems to work. After surgery, damaged part just fully recovers and dissapears from the health tab. So peglegs have more options and variables than liver, or i dont know something?

I bet you have some secret knowldge in this department. I see you dont have a lot of time to mantain mods or hangout at forums, but maybe you will give me some short hint on the subject?

Best reards!
Hi! I don't know if this is still relevant to you, but I stumbled across the same problem and just worked around the problem. I simply made natural parts "bionics" too and it works without any problems. Sorry if this isn't quite the secret knowledge you expected ^^

Quote from: Headshotkill on December 27, 2016, 11:41:30 AM
Any chance of this getting updated?
There is a chance, I will take a look into RMS and maybe release a quick A16 fix soon!

Quote from: erathia on December 02, 2016, 06:35:18 PM
Came across a bug, one of my colonist have a persistant need for medecine even if there is no more rejection applied to that synthetic  organ (a lung)
That's actually how it's meant to be, for example modern day organ transplant recipients need to take drugs to stop the body from rejecting the transplant, so I thought it would make sense if it was the same way on a distant rimworld ^^

tgbps4

"I need a series of mods that let me play a colony that experiments on people: basically space Vault-Tec"

Soupy Delicious

Was looking for a mod that did this :DDD  are we motivating you enough?