Performance problem with too many floors?

Started by hoochy, August 30, 2016, 09:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoochy

I have noticed in late game when I build floors over a lot of the map that it seems to impact the performance noticeably. It could also be correlated to something else late in the game I guess but I figured I would mention it. Maybe it is something to do with cleaners searching for sections to clean?

Also is there any "official" way to profile the games performance? I was thinking I may try decompiling rimworld and then profiling it to see where the issues are.

The changes in Alpha 14 have certainly improved my late game performance by a fair amount, perhaps the upgrade to Unity 5 helped, but still it seems at some point it gets slower and slower even though there aren't significantly more pawns or the map has many changes to it. I only play at map sizes less than 250 due to the performance problems in late game. I have a I7 @ 3.8GHz and Radeon 290.

homoludens

Quote from: hoochy on August 30, 2016, 09:34:08 PM

Also is there any "official" way to profile the games performance? I was thinking I may try decompiling rimworld and then profiling it to see where the issues are.

To profile a .Net application we can use a JetBrains dotTrace (no need to decompile if you have pdb files), but it is $hareware.