Still flustered by inferno cannons

Started by Shurp, August 27, 2016, 09:03:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shurp

Quote from: Aatxe360 on August 31, 2016, 02:38:31 PM
IEDs are a total of 10 steel and one component, iirc.

Hmmm, this is (relatively) new.  They used to be 60 steel (50 + 1 artillery shell) which was pretty expensive.  So I forgot about them.  Now they're an artillery shell and a component.  Admittedly that's still not *cheap* -- you're not going to want to plant a dozen of them.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Wex

Ok. You don't.
You have less than half of them built.
The other half you forbid to build as soon as the artillery shell gets placed.
Cheaper, and they still explode.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Aatxe360

Quote from: Shurp on August 31, 2016, 06:50:38 PM
Quote from: Aatxe360 on August 31, 2016, 02:38:31 PM
IEDs are a total of 10 steel and one component, iirc.

Hmmm, this is (relatively) new.  They used to be 60 steel (50 + 1 artillery shell) which was pretty expensive.  So I forgot about them.  Now they're an artillery shell and a component.  Admittedly that's still not *cheap* -- you're not going to want to plant a dozen of them.

I'm probably wrong about the amount.  I'm not in-game atm and even if I were I don't have the tech to check.  I also remember someone mentioning that the wiki doesn't get updated as much anymore.

kasnavada

:)

Still, walls cost nothing but stone, which is abundant. It does run the risk of getting hurt. Fair trade-off IMO.

Aatxe360

To each their own.  Suggestions were given.