Visitors and Traders why not helping ?

Started by Monzer, August 31, 2016, 12:09:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monzer

My last colonist dying in the ground a visitor just walked by him like he isn't even there. my idea is why not save him and treat him .

keylocke

coz they are witchers and they don't help for free.

you're like : "halp me!"

they're like : "wats dat noise? must be drowners.. quen!"

eadras

Quote from: Monzer on August 31, 2016, 12:09:22 AM
My last colonist dying in the ground a visitor just walked by him like he isn't even there. my idea is why not save him and treat him .
They see your dude bleeding out on the ground and think to themselves, "haha it's my lucky day, that guy's gonna die and I can take all his stuff!"  ;)

ddblue0

I can honestly see this going either way.
We don't know what that trader has seen or been through, or where they draw their personal line as far as helping others.
Might be neat if there was some variation here, though. Traders who might help a little and traders who ignore the wounded like yours did.

Monzer

Quote from: eadras on August 31, 2016, 02:03:13 AM
Quote from: Monzer on August 31, 2016, 12:09:22 AM
They see your dude bleeding out on the ground and think to themselves, "haha it's my lucky day, that guy's gonna die and I can take all his stuff!"  ;)
you maybe right because that dude was downed by a grizzly bear but I decided to leave him because it would be a risk if i sent my last colonist to save him . then he walks right by my unconscious colonist sat in the kitchen table and had one of my fine meals  ;D

eadras

There are no kindly neighbors in Rimworld!  It would be cool to see a chance at a friendly rescue added.  It would kind of go against the grain of the rest of the game design, though.  I mean, everything about the game is trying to kill you, why would it suddenly do an about-face once it finally has you where it wants you?

MeowRailroad

If the traders are going to help you enough to sell you stuff and help you fight raiders, why wouldn't they help you like that? Maybe it's good to not have everything trying to kill you. And anyway even if it doesn't fit, it's kind of hard to justify the raiders leaving someone who they were possibly just talking to and doing business with lying wounded on the floor.
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

Plymouth

It would make sense if this all "helping" routine was based on relationship with the faction. For example, if they like you enough to come to your aide per your request, they like you enough to help you when your colonists are down and there is no way for you to save them.

tommiethegun

I like the idea of it being based on faction's relationship. I also think it'd be neat if a neutral faction walked by and prompted "oh, gee, looks like you're having some trouble... for 500 silver I could help you out...  [accept offer] [reject offfer]"

I've had the same problem where my very last colonist was lying wounded and traders just stood around nearby. That seems like the perfect opportunity for that trader to make an easy buck.

ddblue0

While enjoyable, I find the game quite difficult at times so I am on the side of adding the possibility of traders helping out occasionally. It's a rare opportunity to make part of the game a tiny bit easier.

I don't even have a strong opinion on what the conditions should be - if you guys like factions being the basis for traders deciding whether or not to help, that's fine by me. I would also be fine with it being completely random (like a 1 in 10 chance), as long as it's implemented! :D

O Negative

Personally, I wouldn't mind neutral faction caravans jumping on the opportunity to rob me, given this kind of situation :D

Just imagining someone stripping my downed pawn, and running off with all of my goods has me chuckling :)

Back on topic: If visitors/caravans do help your downed pawns, I do agree that it should be a rare occurrence, and/or at least cost you something.