Searching for an old game please help !!

Started by Monzer, August 31, 2016, 12:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monzer

Its turn based game its probably between 1995 and 2000 its military solders against aliens you can say its like x-com but old I remember the cd front was an eye of dragon maybe red eye damn it bother me that i can't remember  >:( sometimes I download old game and enjoy them with my bro as we used to hide the pc into the closet and play  ;D

milon

What OS?  What was the graphics style?  Anything you can remember?

skullywag

sounds like xenonauts, but thats way newer. But the style is from that period.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Calahan

The cover sounds like "Deadlock - Planetary Conquest", but I don't remember the gameplay being like you described. But then it must be at 15+ years since I played that game, and it wasn't a memorable game for me at that. So my memory is hazy to say the least (but I do remember the box cover. Probably still have it stashed somewhere amongst my old C64/Amiga games).

Edit - I'm also remembering another box/cover which featured a close-up shot of the yellow eye of a dark green scaly creature. No idea what game that was yet, but think it was a RPG, or maybe even Pn'C adventure. But this is likely going to bug me now, so thank you kindly for that  >:(

Ceglaaa

When I can't remember a title of a game I usually go check at gog.com they have a lot of old games.

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

billycop32

Could it be UFO-enemy unknown? a quick search of "X-com like games" via google revealed that.

Monzer

Quote from: milon on August 31, 2016, 07:05:54 AM
What OS?  What was the graphics style?  Anything you can remember?

probably windows 95 . graphics more like commandos . they were more like monsters not aliens the music was like heavy metal ,probably when in fight . you start with 3 solders I recall

Monzer

Quote from: billycop32 on August 31, 2016, 11:11:26 AM
Could it be UFO-enemy unknown? a quick search of "X-com like games" via google revealed that.

I did no luck , also searched wiki for turnbased games and gamespot and gog

KillTyrant

ooooooo I remember that game!. Never played it but I used to see it at electronic boutique and Funco land. Gosh memzzz