[A15b] Crafting Neutroamine 1.1; Crafting Neutroamine Simply 1.1

Started by Dave-In-Texas, August 31, 2016, 12:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serenity

Making it overly complicated isn't good, but it can't be too simple either. Getting non-herbal medicine should be an investment. Either in time or money. On the other hand, neutroamine is pretty cheap to buy and plentiful, so if you make crafting too complicated it's not worth it.

Deimos Rast

I think beer as a substitute for grain alcohol or something maybe. Soak the plants in it and create...herbal moonshine? I mean, neutroamine, obviously. ;D
I'm curious about your idea of using the fermenting barrel - that would be interesting.
I still think we're in the realm of overcomplication, but at the end of the day, your mod...and text editors are free and editing these things is easy peasy ;D
Speaking of which, why are you using word pad by the way? I would think on Windows you'd be using Notepad++ or Atom (I prefer Atom, cuz Linux).
#StopPluginAbuse

Dave-In-Texas

Quote from: Dingo on September 02, 2016, 12:05:20 AM
Why beer, though? When I made my suggestion I was thinking about making it more equivalent to reality, hence the morphine analogy.
In its current form I'm now thinking that I don't want to add a resource anymore.  I'll leave that for the more complex mod thats currently lurking behind my forehead.

As to why beer.. my thinking goes "alcohol acts as a solvent in many chemical reactions.  So it allows the herbal medicine and psychoid to react properly".  I would love to be able to make MediWort and ferment it in a barrel, lol.

After a nights sleep, beer takes too damn long to make.  Perhaps I'll just use Wort+Herbal Meds+Psychoid leaves.  Takes 3 crops that already exist and adds a dependency on Brewing.  Still too complex?

Dave-In-Texas

Quote from: Serenity on September 02, 2016, 06:26:31 AM
Making it overly complicated isn't good, but it can't be too simple either. Getting non-herbal medicine should be an investment. Either in time or money. On the other hand, neutroamine is pretty cheap to buy and plentiful, so if you make crafting too complicated it's not worth it.

In my last game I was dirt poor so I couldn't afford to call traders, not and buy anything. lol

Serenity

Beer doesn't really have that much alcohol though. If there was distilled alcohol, then sure.

Dingo

I think herbal medicine and psychoid leaves is a pretty good start. I don't think Wort makes too much logical sense, though. Having said that, I do see a simple solution - some alcoholic drinks can be made from fruit (including berries).

I suggest you add a crafting recipe to the brewery called "ferment fruit" or "make alcohol" and use its product + herbal medicine + psychoid leaves. Seems fair to me, and I think it goes along your current train of thought.

Dave-In-Texas

Quote from: Serenity on September 02, 2016, 10:07:57 AM
Beer doesn't really have that much alcohol though. If there was distilled alcohol, then sure.

Quote from: Dingo on September 02, 2016, 10:10:49 AM
I think herbal medicine and psychoid leaves is a pretty good start. I don't think Wort makes too much logical sense, though. Having said that, I do see a simple solution - some alcoholic drinks can be made from fruit (including berries).

I suggest you add a crafting recipe to the brewery called "ferment fruit" or "make alcohol" and use its product + herbal medicine + psychoid leaves. Seems fair to me, and I think it goes along your current train of thought.

You're both doing what I did.. over thinking it.  for this we need the 'squint your eyes and see jesus on that piece of toast' kind of imagination :)

Thanks for the conversation, I know what I'm going to do, althought i've got my hands full in RL.

offtopic:  I've been homeless since mid-may and i'm moving out of the transitional shelter i've been in all that time, target is next friday, so thats going to take a large part of my focus, i think understandably.

Quote from: Deimos Rast on September 02, 2016, 08:07:34 AM
Speaking of which, why are you using word pad by the way? I would think on Windows you'd be using Notepad++ or Atom (I prefer Atom, cuz Linux).

I've had a lot going on (see above) and I didn't feel the urge to code until the other day.  I will download something on this thing soon though as i don't think i'll be establishing internet immediately so this laptop and starbucks it is :)

SgBriggs

Hey! saw you wanted a texture of a deep blue bottle, I made one. (and 3 as a stack) attached.
hope you are under better circumstances soon, I like your mod. it's fair and balanced.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]