[BUG] Choice of food source AI

Started by Noobshock, August 31, 2016, 02:47:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noobshock

Cook Jagerbomb grabs some berries off the field to eat (he starts walking to some spot to eat - note that he is still walking - and the "consuming berries" status is showing). There's at least 15 fine meals available in the freezer so I tell him to stop his BS right now and haul those berries back to the freezer stockpile instead - note that he never gets to start actually eating the berries, he was still walking to his "eating spot" when I give the order, and immediately drops them to start hauling by picking up another stack of berries. He does what he is ordered, but then after dropping the berries in the freezer, instead of making sense and grabbing a fine meal less than 10 tiles away, he still chooses the berries and gives himself food poisoning. He was in the same freezer where the fine meals are sitting when he made that choice. /pullinghairout

Noobshock

makkenhoff

Yeah, I've experienced and reported a similar issue before. The cook, did he have the aesthetic trait by chance? They gain more pleasure from eating raw food.

On the flip side, on many different jobs the pawns are willing to override priority orders given. Such as mine this rock "oh wait I want to go haul a single wood on the other side of the map" less than 10 seconds later (on triple speed) or some other job that isn't as pressing as the one I'm ordering them to do.

It is at times a fight to get pawns to butcher over eating a corpse, a lot of manual draft, undraft order all paused. I'd like better/more control over situations like this, myself.

Tynan

Can you post a savegame at the moment he makes the wrong decision?
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog