Alpha15c unstable branch feedback

Started by Tynan, August 31, 2016, 06:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haplo

Yes, the Tactical Computer implements 'TacticalComputer.ThingDef_TacticalComputer' as a ThingDef.
It really is empty in this case, but yes, it implements a modified ThingDef.

Tynan

Okay, the bug is complex and fixing it would change the shortHash ordering and thus break all savegames. So I can't do that now.

So, I just commented out the error for now.

New build is up now - modders please test it and tell me if it works!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

MikeLemmer

I hit a bug where, right after getting a "Rescue potential colonist from pirates" event, the new recruit appeared on the edge of the map... and just started wandering idly in place. When the follow-up raid appeared, they immediately attacked her.

It was on Day 2 of a Rough Randy game. I attached a savefile I made right after the new recruit started wandering. This was from the build made about 10 hours ago.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Tynan

Quote from: MikeLemmer on September 01, 2016, 04:45:59 PM
I hit a bug where, right after getting a "Rescue potential colonist from pirates" event, the new recruit appeared on the edge of the map... and just started wandering idly in place. When the follow-up raid appeared, they immediately attacked her.

It was on Day 2 of a Rough Randy game. I attached a savefile I made right after the new recruit started wandering. This was from the build made about 10 hours ago.

Was she in your faction? If so, it's not a bug. She can be an idler if you've got no jobs for her. Make sure she has a job!

MikeLemmer

Quote from: Tynan on September 01, 2016, 04:48:50 PM
Quote from: MikeLemmer on September 01, 2016, 04:45:59 PM

Was she in your faction? If so, it's not a bug. She can be an idler if you've got no jobs for her. Make sure she has a job!

Er, what? But they always ran straight towards my base before. I just figured they have an initial action to move to your Home Zone before anything else.

Tynan

No, they're just a new colonist.

Anyway, that's not specific to this unstable build.

Haplo

As far as I see it, this version works perfectly.
No more errors on my side :)

l2evy

All looks OK on my end. Everything functions and error spam is gone now upon launching. Going to start a play session to see if I can catch any other bugs.
Mod Maintainer/Coder of:

Tynan

Just pushed a micro update.

Hoping to set it to default branch tomorrow.

Doc Savage NDMF

With Chemical Fascination, my pawn goes on a smoke leaf binge. (4th or 5th one actually) He crosses the map, walks right up to the joint storage but takes a malari block instead. I can see him doing this after a couple joints and he's wasted, but it strikes me as odd he'd opt for medication he doesn't need instead of the joint he's jonesing for. Have had a couple cases where they grab a different drug to get high whether I had the binge drug or not. If a pawn wants "x" he/she should grab "x". If "x" isn't available, sure they'd grab whatever they could scrounge. But when "x" is available and they go on a specific binge for it, they should grab "x".

No other issues with game or mods aside from the guest mod. Mannual Un/Re-subscribe from the workshop has fixed it every time. Been tripping with every new update.
_

gariba

Hi.

Herbal medicine description still references xerigium instead of healroot.

Frostblood

3 things I think should be addressed in a future patch :

- when someone's wife/husband die they get a mood penality of both -20 and -5 because they lost their companion and a friend... wife/husband penality is enough no need to add another because they were also a friend. not sure if this is intended.

-why is there a mood penality for selling a slave? it doesnt make sense that people are sad when you make money by getting rid of someone who tried to kill you. Looks like you wanted to have a downside for being a slave trader but it remove a fun way of making money from the game.

- regarding pet AI: A tamed predator animal shouldn't attack a small prey and lose 2 of their legs in the process, specialy if they already have food available in the colony. Also when they are injured they should automatically go back to their bed to receive treatment (acutally they just wander around until they bleed out or die from infection). We should also be able to assign a specific pet to a crafted pet bed like we do for colonist.