Alpha15c unstable branch feedback

Started by Tynan, August 31, 2016, 06:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tynan

Please give all feedback about Alpha15c. See ludeon.com for full info.

Especially if you find it broken somehow!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Muramas

Tynan

MikeLemmer

I've played it for an hour now. Seems stable so far; no big problems. Any particular stress points you want us to test?

Chibiabos

"Fix: Standing lamps and sun lamps are available without research."
I seem to recall being able to build standing lamps and sun lamps without research before the patch, and after this patch, still can. Was this just for tribal tech starts?
Proud supporter of Rimworld since α7 (October 2014)!

axeladalidez

Luciferium works fine now and the performance is very good , even at x4 speed.

Haplo

Looks good. I have the missing mountains problem (but no errors) when I load the old savegame.
But with a new savegame it works flawlessly. No more Hash-Collision errors, no more missing mountains :)

But I have one red error popping up at every restart of the game:
'TacticalComputer already has short hash.'

This may be because I have my mods twice: One in the Mods folder (my main version) and the second one in the workshop (for download tests).
But only the one in the mods folder is active.

But this is only when I restart the game. There seem to be no errors in the running game so far.

Tsevion

I'm having an odd issue where the debuff from Smokeleaf is still affecting my stats (-30 consciousness and movement) even after the debuff wears off. And it seems to stay stuck on until I reload from a save. Seems to repro on a brand new game, just give them some smokeleaf, tell them to smoke it and wait for it to wear off. And it's not just a tooltip/reporting effect, they definitely move slower still.

Version 0.15.1282 (latest Steam unstable)

Lobstercraft

Quote from: Tsevion on September 01, 2016, 08:20:08 AM
I'm having an odd issue where the debuff from Smokeleaf is still affecting my stats (-30 consciousness and movement) even after the debuff wears off. And it seems to stay stuck on until I reload from a save. Seems to repro on a brand new game, just give them some smokeleaf, tell them to smoke it and wait for it to wear off. And it's not just a tooltip/reporting effect, they definitely move slower still.

Confirmed

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Tynan

Quote from: Haplo on September 01, 2016, 06:33:14 AM
Looks good. I have the missing mountains problem (but no errors) when I load the old savegame.
But with a new savegame it works flawlessly. No more Hash-Collision errors, no more missing mountains :)

But I have one red error popping up at every restart of the game:
'TacticalComputer already has short hash.'

This may be because I have my mods twice: One in the Mods folder (my main version) and the second one in the workshop (for download tests).
But only the one in the mods folder is active.

But this is only when I restart the game. There seem to be no errors in the running game so far.

If only one folder is active that's the only one that should matter. Could you send me your mod files on email?

Quote from: Tsevion on September 01, 2016, 08:20:08 AM

Looks like a bug. Thanks, I'll fix it!

Tynan

New build is up on unstable! It should fix that issue with health effects not expiring properly. Let me know how it goes, thanks.

MikeLemmer

Quote from: Tynan on September 01, 2016, 02:01:33 PM
New build is up on unstable! It should fix that issue with health effects not expiring properly. Let me know how it goes, thanks.

Any other points in particular we should test?

Tynan

Quote from: MikeLemmer on September 01, 2016, 02:25:28 PM
Quote from: Tynan on September 01, 2016, 02:01:33 PM

Any other points in particular we should test?

Modding stuff is the only hotspot I can think of. That, and general testing, of course.

l2evy

I just did a bit of testing with 1283 and found the "X already has short hash." appears on startup of the game every time with my mod active (Same as with 1282). The flattening of the terrain and those hash collision errors that came with it are still fixed as they were in the previous unstable. No other errors with my mod active upon:

New game > save & exit to menu > reload save and into map
New game > save and exit to os > relaunch game ("X Already has short hash."), > load save and into map

Testing about with the functions of the mod and it seems everything is functioning at 100% other than the error spam on startup.
Mod Maintainer/Coder of:

Tynan

l2evy - could you (or anyone else) please post your mod so I can try to reproduce the issue?

EDIT: l2evy - never mind I got your mod.

EDIT: I've been unable to reproduce the issue on Haplo's mod or CompressionMod. Any smaller, simpler repro case would be much appreciated. Do your mods define ThingClass subclasses by any chance?

EDIT: I think I know the issue. I'm making the fix and will push it soon to see if it works for you.