[B18]K_K's minimods: Corrected Workgiver/Craftable Molotov/Fast growing grass/..

Started by kaptain_kavern, August 31, 2016, 10:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: TigerClaws12 on October 21, 2016, 04:36:02 AM
Is there a way to have the shields work with ranged weapons? I've been using the PersonalshieldMKII mod and it's not working on A15 for me.
Sadly I don't know how to do that by myself. This would require C# knowledge. Skullywag must be working on CCL too hard (or needing it updated) to update MKII. I'm afraid you have to wait for him. The good news is CCL should be done by the end of the month ;-)

Quote from: TOWC on October 21, 2016, 08:20:26 AM
Can you tweak price of the thrumbo wool? It's pretty low for a resource with such stats. It's 7 times cheaper than thrumbofur, if I'm not mistaken
Thanks for the feedback.
So I checked in what I had set for values but in fact it's never specified plainly in the mod's code. What I mean is that the game compute the price "itself" automatically with other values I haven't touch.
For the Thrumbo wool I just copy/pasted Megatherium's definitions. So they should have the same price value. I have to investigate.

Edit : In fact I was lacking a bit of code (must been added recently in vanilla or I just fail) about "commonality". I'm pretty sure it will impact market price. So thx again and I will make an update today ;)
Edit 2 : in fact you can easily correct this by adding <commonality>0.1</commonality> in \Defs\ThingDefs_Items\thrumbowool.xml just under <stuffProps> (line 37), it's just that I prefer to test my mods before releasing them ^^

TOWC

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on October 21, 2016, 10:56:17 AM
Edit 2 : in fact you can easily correct this by adding <commonality>0.1</commonality> in \Defs\ThingDefs_Items\thrumbowool.xml just under <stuffProps> (line 37), it's just that I prefer to test my mods before releasing them ^^

Indeed, I can, but I suck at modding pretty much, 'cause I somehow fail even in changing values. Still can't understand why my new bionic arm doesn't show up in the game.

kaptain_kavern

- EPOE-limb harvesting enabler -

Re-add the ability to remove arms and legs on colonists/prisonners
Surgery that remove arm or leg will give the natural limb back again

shadowstitch

Dang it, Kavern!
Why is it every single time I wonder if there's a mod that does X, you've already made it and it's always amazing?
Thanks for the craftable shields mod!
(I also grabbed the Thrumbofur mod because why not?)

kaptain_kavern

It's because each and every one of those came from a requests ;P made by players. I try to read suggestions and when I see something I can do quickly enough I made it my "for the community" project of the day.

Most of the other bigger mods I'm working on solo are updates of older "lost between alphas" mods. Or bigger projects with other modders, it's cool as well but I like to read "player-only" suggestions because that's where I find the most straightforward ideas.

So hey I'm glad you (and others) liked them because they were all made for you all ;P

Seinne

That's awesome of you kaptain to do that for us plebs but how about a challenge for you?

Can you add a taser mod?

There was one once for an older build but I can't remember which one. But I loved having tasers to subdue 'highly desirable' raiders.

shhfiftyfive

kaptain_kavern

8) I'm back folks ! 8)

I'm still alive

So ... A17 update for all the mods except craftable-shield because it is now vanilla ^^

Shinzy

Kaptain Krtek! Try not to perish in the hands of goblins/kidnapped by aliens/Swamped by officework/Whatever else again! ok? ok!

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: Shinzy on May 20, 2017, 05:26:39 PM
Kaptain Krtek! Try not to perish in the hands of goblins/kidnapped by aliens/Swamped by officework/Whatever else again! ok? ok!
I swear I will be cautious buddy.

You know what ? I missed you all, even ol' grumpy Rawcode :p :p :p

It's good to be back and see you all.

Fregrant

I guess a chemfuel would suit the molotovs crafting much better than the beer.

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: Fregrant on May 21, 2017, 05:05:12 AM
I guess a chem-fuel would suit the molotovs crafting much better than the beer.

Thank you for the feedback, Fregrant.

You are totally right, the chem-fuel seems more suited for crafting Molotov (When I created the mod it wasn't existing in game). I may keep only one beer bottle in the recipe, after all you still need one bottle to contain the cocktail
I have taken note. I will do an update soon.

Thanks again

I had some time this morning so it's already done.

Craftable Molotov Cocktail now cost 25 Cloth units, 50 chem-fuel and 1 Beer to produce.

kaptain_kavern

UPDATE

Craftable Molotov Cocktails and Thrumbo Wool are now using the new PatchOperation method introduced in A17.

- Ok Kap ... But what does that mean?
- Well ... simply put it "just" means that, now, those mods are also compatible with other mods that are modifying the same "game object". When all modders will use this method, mods will be nearly all compatible.

I wanna thank SihvMan for pointing me to some infos about that. And also thanks to Zorba and Zhentar for explaining to us. Here and There

SihvMan

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on May 21, 2017, 08:14:33 PM

UPDATE

Craftable Molotov Cocktails and Thrumbo Wool are now using the new PatchOperation method introduced in A17.

- Ok Kap ... But what does that mean?
- Well ... simply put it "just" means that, now, those mods are also compatible with other mods that are modifying the same "game object". When all modders will use this method, mods will be nearly all compatible.

I wanna thank SihvMan for pointing me to some infos about that. And also thanks to Zorba and Zhentar for explaining to us

Oh, so this is what you were asking for!

Patch code looks good.