How do fistfights work?

Started by Boba Phat, August 31, 2016, 11:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boba Phat

I had a colonist I'd picked up from a pirate raid: 16 melee, dressed like Conan in wolfskin tribalwear and I gave him a uranium longsword... but he had an abrasive personality.  My glitterworld philanthropist who refused to engage in violence, had 0/0 combat skills, and was completely unarmed ended up being insulted and got into a fistfight... and beat the ex-pirate to death with his bare hands.  I'm guessing fistfights from social fighting are handling differently than regular combat.

rexx1888

ive had something similar happen actually, more than once... it worries me that that isnt particularly rare....

keylocke

the first rule about fistfights is that we don't talk about fistfights.

jack might be a pacifist, but durden packs a mean wallop.

Deimos Rast

confirming I've had the same, where non-violent types win the fight.
just make sure the abrasive types don't get drunk, as it increases should fight chance. Smoke leaf decreases it.
#StopPluginAbuse

14m1337

maybe the non-violent pawn just landed a lucky punch...
Quick_Silver - The One And Lonely
My posts may sometimes be filled with (sarcastic) humor - it's up to you to find it out on your own.
Usually drunk on Mondays from 21:00 to 03:00 CEST.

ThiIsMe007

Presently, it all boils down to :

"Combat system" in Rimworld = RNG.

I'll leave it at that.

MeowRailroad

I assume that stands for Ridiculous Number Generator?
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

ThiIsMe007

Quote from: MeowRailroad on September 01, 2016, 05:41:06 PM
I assume that stands for Ridiculous Number Generator?

Pretty much so, yes.

I am rooting for a combat AI overhaul. It probably won't happen in the next few versions, since it's a big and spendy endeavour to code, but it's a much needed one.

1/ mechanoid scythe one-shot snipes colonist (= me so weak  :'( )
2/ (reload, same situation, same everything) colonist one-shot snipes mechanoid scythe (= me so stronk and clever!  8) )

Some people will call the above "advanced tactics" and be satisfied with it, but I can't.