[A16] Deep Core Miner (+addons) (UD:1/13/16) - An End Game Resource Solution

Started by theubie, September 01, 2016, 07:38:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stigma

Quote from: Canute on July 20, 2017, 02:56:44 AM
Try to place a quarry on an iceshelf biome, you barly find a place to build it.

Sure, but how does a deep core mine make any sense on an icesheet either?
You are literally living on top of the frozen ocean. Digging deep isn't likely to get you more than a lot of cold water.

-Stigma

Dellamorte

I thought I would make an add-on for Mechanoid Tech, adds Wolframium and Cobalt to the list of bills. I did not change the target version number because the other add-ons and the base mod are still listed for a16. Full credit to the stone add-on I hacked it from from that add on. EDIT: I noticed I left the stone add-on gif in the file, I will do an edit and update it in a day or two and then upload it to Steam, sorry if this causes any trouble.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Canute

Quote from: stigma on July 20, 2017, 07:55:00 PM
Quote from: Canute on July 20, 2017, 02:56:44 AM
Try to place a quarry on an iceshelf biome, you barly find a place to build it.
Deep Core Miner
Somewhere under the ocean is allways a core, or do you think the core is water too ? :-)

Sure, but how does a deep core mine make any sense on an icesheet either?
You are literally living on top of the frozen ocean. Digging deep isn't likely to get you more than a lot of cold water.

-Stigma

tonsrd

Quote from: DoctorVanGogh on June 07, 2017, 05:38:21 AM
I went ahead and did a custom Alpha 17 version of this mod. Some quick & dirty tests showed no issues.

If you feel adventurous, feel free to give it a try (needs manual install)
I've not yet touched the Glitterterch addon, though the old A16 version should still work (if loaded after the core drill mod), but you'll not get the nice 'drilling' effect I've added to the other mods.

can u add industrlation addon to it 17 fix?

Plasmatic

Quote from: DoctorVanGogh on June 07, 2017, 05:38:21 AM
I went ahead and did a custom Alpha 17 version of this mod. Some quick & dirty tests showed no issues.

If you feel adventurous, feel free to give it a try (needs manual install)
I've not yet touched the Glitterterch addon, though the old A16 version should still work (if loaded after the core drill mod), but you'll not get the nice 'drilling' effect I've added to the other mods.

I love the Core Drill, but I seem to be having a slight issue which I've discovered. After I setup a core drill and it's bills I can no longer talk to any trader ships that come by. when using the comms console all I get is:

JobDriver threw exception in initAction. Pawn=White, Job=UseCommsConsole A=Thing_CommsConsole188480, Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.TransferableUtility.TransferAsOne (Verse.Thing a, Verse.Thing b) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.TransferableUtility.TransferableMatching[Tradeable] (Verse.Thing thing, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 transferables) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.TradeDeal.AddToTradeables (Verse.Thing t, Transactor trans) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.TradeDeal.AddAllTradeables () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.TradeDeal.Reset () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.TradeDeal..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.TradeSession.SetupWith (ITrader newTrader, Verse.Pawn newPlayerNegotiator) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Dialog_Trade..ctor (Verse.Pawn playerNegotiator, ITrader trader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RWAutoSell.TradeShip.TryOpenComms (Verse.Pawn negotiator) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.JobDriver_UseCommsConsole+<MakeNewToils>c__Iterator42.<>m__BB () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  lastJobGiver=, curJob.def=UseCommsConsole, curDriver=RimWorld.JobDriver_UseCommsConsole
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:StartErrorRecoverJob(String)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:TryActuallyStartNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ReadyForNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:Notify_PatherArrived()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:PatherArrived()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:TryEnterNextPathCell()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:PatherTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

It seems very strange that the core drill would have any impact on the comms console and traders, but I can replicate the issue everytime. previous to the core drill traders work fine, after building the core drill they still work, though after going through the bills and subsequently someone working on it, I can no longer talk to traders.

Could the Core drill be messing with the jobs enough to affect the trade job?

DoctorVanGogh

Looks like an AutoSell issue to me:
RWAutoSell.TradeShip.TryOpenComms
Appreciate my mods? Buy me a coffee

Plasmatic

Quote from: DoctorVanGogh on July 25, 2017, 01:12:36 PM
Looks like an AutoSell issue to me:
RWAutoSell.TradeShip.TryOpenComms

Hmm, Odd, I hadn't even built the autosell thingy yet and I was still having issues. but I'll try dissabling it, thanks

DoctorVanGogh

Update: I've uploaded the A17 version to Steam.

Also added some Addons
And Requests for further Addons: Point to the base mod that adds the custom resources - I'll see what I can do ;)

New magical version with support for any and all mineable mod materials out of the box.
Appreciate my mods? Buy me a coffee

GlutenFreeAIDS

If I wanted to change the values for how much/quickly resources get brought up from the ground, what file would I need to change? I can't seem to find it