OUTLANDER NEWS: HILLBILLY SHACK IS RAIDED, BURNS DOWN, 6 DEAD

Started by MeowRailroad, August 31, 2016, 07:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeowRailroad

Local sources still don't know when the attack commenced, but the county sheriff said that the forensic investigator thought that the hillbilly settlers were caught off-guard by a tribal raid while standing guard near an infestation. Sometime during or after the raid, a large part of the shack caught fire, and the fire spread into the brewery, 2 bedrooms, the main hallway, and the workshop. The fire chief said that it appeared that the residents were able to stop the fire just in time, but it did destroy a large part of the shack and burn most of the meals sitting in storage. The wounded settlers recovered, however one walked into the infested ruin that the hillbillies were previously guarding and collapsed from injuries. The hillbillies seemingly tried to fight the infestation with machine pistols and grenades, but that was unsuccessful and the coroner reports that at least open of the colonists was either killed or severely wounded by grenades. It appeared that the settlers were trying to rebuild the shack when the one settler wandered into the infestation, because the freezer coolers were freshly patched, the freezer had recently been repaired, and a cook stove was being built near it, presumably to replace one in the burned-out workshop.

I just realized that this ALL was caused by some idiot sapper who thought the ancient danger was part of the colony, because he opened the area which allowed the infestation to start.
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"