Can you allow Nutrient Paste only for prisoners?

Started by humblebundle, March 29, 2016, 06:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humblebundle

Food is valuable, specially the expensive meals, is there any way to allow my colonists to feed Nutrient Paste only to prisoners and never to themselves?
I have read another thread and then that come to my mind, i hated it so much if my colonists gave the good Lavish Meal to the prisoner and use the simple meal by themselves because i only had some lavish meals...
english is not my main language, that should explain a lot...

Zokora

You can build the Nutrient Paste Dispensor into the prison such that the prisoners take their food from it.

Coenmcj

You can have the business end of the NPD in the prison, with the hoppers in a refrigerated compartment behind the prison, works well, means your people can't use it though. iirc
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Limdood

your colonists will still feed disabled prisoners with quality meals though with this trick.

As an added insult to the prisoners, set the hoppers for the nutrient paste dispenser to accept only human meat...

zandadoum

Quote from: Limdood on March 29, 2016, 08:46:14 PM
your colonists will still feed disabled prisoners with quality meals though with this trick.

As an added insult to the prisoners, set the hoppers for the nutrient paste dispenser to accept only human meat...
Just disable food for prisoners and they'll take it from the dispenser.

MajorFordson

Feeding prisoners with the reconstituted flesh of an unruly prisoner? I like this form of disciplining.

Seriously, the most morally/socially messed up moments in games like this (and Dwarf Fortress of course, my word are there so so SO many horrendous player made situations that are thought up for actual gameplay reasons, such as harvesting mermaid bones en masse) make for some of the most interesting.

John_Bigless

Quote from: zandadoum on March 30, 2016, 03:13:05 AM
Quote from: Limdood on March 29, 2016, 08:46:14 PM

Well, that would piss off the prisoners, causing increased chances of berserkers and prison breaks. And the only way to get the human meat is by butchering a human body, wich would give a big mood penalty for all your colonists. (Except psychopaths of course)

eadras

It works well, saving food and your warden's time.  Just make sure to uncheck the "gets food" option at the top of the prisoner tab.  You have to have a prison barracks instead of cells, since the prisoners will be locked in their cells and unable to access the nutrient dispenser.  Usually I throw a table and some chairs in there, to help offset the penalties from the paste and the shared bedroom.  I only feed them real meals if I want them to join ASAP, or if they are sick in bed.