Cassandra has a sense of humor

Started by TimF101, September 04, 2016, 12:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimF101

When my colony finally jetted off to the heavens, we left behind three years worth of cloth, devilstrand and random trade goods filling three warehouses.  The credits ran, I clicked on keep playing to see what happened, and within thirty seconds a bulk goods trader hailed our colony.  I suppose earlier in the game the pirate traders lined up a parsec deep in every direction must have scared him off. 

Maybe you can specify that the local tribes send a bulk goods caravan when you summon one?  I didn't try it.  Literally the only locals I saw were weapons merchants, or an occasional pedestrian with two medikits and a bit over a hundred silver. 

Of course the same playthrough had almost no pirate raids, for whatever reason.  Thanks Cassandra. 

pdxsean

Quote from: TimF101 on September 04, 2016, 12:52:25 PM
Maybe you can specify that the local tribes send a bulk goods caravan when you summon one?  I didn't try it.  Literally the only locals I saw were weapons merchants, or an occasional pedestrian with two medikits and a bit over a hundred silver. 

You can indeed. The addition of requesting caravans was a huge improvement. You can request the type from a list available, although the tribal/town traders don't necessarily carry the variety of good you'll find with space traders.