[Unfinished Mod] (Alpha 2) Next Gen Tech

Started by blaze7736, March 13, 2014, 04:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blaze7736

Hello and welcome to my first mod for rim world. It is still a work in progress and many of the features our just decorative for now. But i want to get it out there and hear some feed back. So on to the Mod: Next Gen tech is about taking your colony to the next level by building Robots, Growing Metals and Space Crafts. Some features don't work with the current modding system the big example of this is Plants can not be locked by Research so you start off able to grow metals and crystals but for now this is okay.
List of whats in the Mod:
Bio table ( For Bio Tech currently just Decoration)
Robot table ( The Name says it all currently just Decoration)
Brain Extractor ( Extract brains for robots currently just Decoration)
Warning Tiles (cool warning tiles)
Living Crystal (cool Crystals no use as of yet)
Metal Bush ( Allows you to grow your own metal)
Laser Lifer (Must be spawned in very cool try it out)

So this is what is in this mod so far You can downlode it from: https://www.mediafire.com/?4an1vnreea164bv.

Please inform me of any bugs / issues you have and keep an eye on the mod as i will update it regularly.
So thank you for your time i hope you enjoy this mod as much as i have making it. I am Also looking for good graphics artist to help all credit will be given. Finlay you can use this mod in videos all i require is some credit and a link in the video. So thank you and enjoy   

mrofa

You can actually make a workaround with plants, just make a plant pot and set it to grow only crystals, then limit plant pot to be only buildable after research.
All i do is clutter all around.

blaze7736

thanks will do that for the next update of the mod

blaze7736

Robot update coming this weekend adds robots for selling and a robot dog to defend your base.

SlimeCrusher

Err they actually work? I mean the robots, or its just a concept that you're having and you're going to develop it next weekend?

blaze7736

at this stage the human robots will be a trade item but i plan to work to make them work as people. The robot dog for now will just be an awesome turret but i plan to change this and find a way to make them come alive but this is early stages

SlimeCrusher

Oh, i was asking because pawn texturing doesn't work in A2, although A3 is gonna be released any day sooner or later, so its better to wait, for now just stick with making a turret  ;)

blaze7736

yer that is basically what i am doing for now until alpha 3 came out but i hope to have version 0.2 out today with some new things to see what people think 

xiuhte1

sounds good the power of the machine spirit hahaha, now im thinking the robots will be like terminator? (a machine that looks like human) or a high tech mech bullet spreader, if is like the second one i think it could be more fun if the riders get one too

confusedwings

Quote from: blaze7736 on March 13, 2014, 04:15:47 AM
Hello and welcome to my first mod for rim world. It is still a work in progress and many of the features our just decorative for now. But i want to get it out there and hear some feed back. So on to the Mod: Next Gen tech is about taking your colony to the next level by building Robots, Growing Metals and Space Crafts. Some features don't work with the current modding system the big example of this is Plants can not be locked by Research so you start off able to grow metals and crystals but for now this is okay.
List of whats in the Mod:
Bio table ( For Bio Tech currently just Decoration)
Robot table ( The Name says it all currently just Decoration)
Brain Extractor ( Extract brains for robots currently just Decoration)
Warning Tiles (cool warning tiles)
Living Crystal (cool Crystals no use as of yet)
Metal Bush ( Allows you to grow your own metal)
Laser Lifer (Must be spawned in very cool try it out)

So this is what is in this mod so far You can downlode it from: https://www.mediafire.com/?4an1vnreea164bv.

Please inform me of any bugs / issues you have and keep an eye on the mod as i will update it regularly.
So thank you for your time i hope you enjoy this mod as much as i have making it. I am Also looking for good graphics artist to help all credit will be given. Finlay you can use this mod in videos all i require is some credit and a link in the video. So thank you and enjoy   

Hi,

is there a updat for alpha 3 ppl? also i wanted to ask this: if i only would be intrested in the 'metal bush' part... what the * do i do?

Architect

Quote from: confusedwings on April 12, 2014, 09:03:12 PM
Hi,

is there a updat for alpha 3 ppl? also i wanted to ask this: if i only would be intrested in the 'metal bush' part... what the * do i do?

You could comment out the appropriate bits in the thingDef XML file. Youd do that by putting <!-- in front of everything you want to remove, and --> at the end. This can be done in notepad too, so its super simple, and if you decide you want them back later, you just remove them.
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.