ISSUE : Found out that large selections lead to crashes

Started by IncredibleNode, October 14, 2013, 07:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IncredibleNode

Large selections and un-selecting causes mass lag and in some cases crashes, I think this may be related to a memory leak as when i analysed this i saw massive RAM and Virtual memory usage as well as performance drops.
Check out my latest Forum Thread!
Extra Walls suggestion:
http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=253.0

Tynan

If you have the output_log.txt file (if it exists) from your data folder, this would be useful! Thank you.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Blitz

I had this happen as well. It did not crash on me, but it did drop down significantly.

Hypolite

The same when I ordered a large zone to be paved. There was a huge drop in performance while the tile-selecting smoke was displayed,and a significant lag that reduced with the remaining number of tiles to be worked on.

Tynan

Quote from: Hypolite on October 15, 2013, 01:46:28 PM
The same when I ordered a large zone to be paved. There was a huge drop in performance while the tile-selecting smoke was displayed,and a significant lag that reduced with the remaining number of tiles to be worked on.

Yes, this is because it draws the temporary tiles one-by-one, one draw call each. Which is really bad.

I suspect the same is happening for large selections, with it drawing the selection box a thousand times, separately each time.

Will move on fixing this.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog