Too many resources, textures getting clipped

Started by Nasikabatrachus, March 13, 2014, 08:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nasikabatrachus

Working on my resource compression mod and I've run into a bit of a snag. It's not exactly a bug, but it's ugly: http://puu.sh/7uosp.png

The problem: the display of available resources in the top left of the screen starts to clip off when there are a certain number of resources displayed there. Removing the <isResource> tag solves this. However, in order to buy and sell these resources as commodities from traders, the <isResource> tag has to be present on those thingdefs.

Is there a way to make these things purchasable from traders without also having them show up in the top left of the screen? I've tried removing <isResource> and adding the <purchasable> tag, but that just prevents combat traders from showing up.

AlyxMS

I think there's not much you can do right now.
I guess the reason for texture clipping is that the space allowed for displaying resource on top left corner is fixed.
Since it's alpha 2 many things are still hard coded you can't mod the trading system. If you want to trade them they gotta be resources. The only exceptions are Weapons and Slaves/Prisoners, again they are all hard coded.
I think the resources compression idea is pretty awesome already.Why don't you wait for alpha 3(I assume less stuff is hard coded and modding trading system is possible) to add the trading function in? The resource can always be unpacked then sold.