Texture questions

Started by mrofa, March 14, 2014, 12:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrofa

1. Can i add mipmaps to rimworld and if i can then where to add them?
2. Do rimworld can use any sort of animation textures like gif or apng?
3. Looking thrugh game texture resources i seen that some of them have actually bigger size than the standart 64x64 per square, still they ware perfectly resized in game, one of them is a bed, which is grate couter for <overdraw>true</overdraw>, but i wasnt been able to clone that effect with other size objects, what are rules for that ?
4.Is it possible to make i.e. a object that is 1,1 size, but texture for it is 1,2 size and it cover any square above, like a glass wall or a flag pole ?

All i do is clutter all around.

Thunder Rahja

Overdraw extends the image 1 square outward in each direction. An overdrawn 1x1 object uses an image that covers a 3x3 space, for example. Use an alpha channel in your PNG images to change the perceived size and placement from there. A 64x64 pixel image is sufficient to cover one tile.

Far as I know, there is no support for mipmaps or animated images, only PNG images.

mrofa

Thanks, dont know what alpha channel is but i will get to that to :D
Did few tests and it seems that it allow to make stuff like in point 4.

Architect

He just means use some form of image editor which allows for transparencies, and then saving the image as a PNG file, nothing too complicated :P
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

mrofa

One more question, when i get some of my stuff in game most of them get a wierd out line like this:

It often flickers which is kinda annoying, i did in this case specialy clean everything by hand but its still shows, anyone knows what it is and how to vanish it ?