[1.4] Defensive Positions (1.12.0) Assume the position!

Started by UnlimitedHugs, September 02, 2016, 03:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

night777

Rare is a base I make with more than 2 entrances. I think I'll use one position setting as a combat-preparedness roll call at the armory for red alert moments :)

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: orannj on September 12, 2016, 10:57:10 PM
I think it'd be pretty neat to be able to set up zones of defense. Setting a zone would let assigned colonists basically garrison the spot, and not leave it. This would be good for places like checkpoints and general muster areas. But it's great the way it is. :)

Good idea there, but how to assign colonists to zones? We want to keep this whole thing simple.
Edit: also, seems we already can do that in vanilla :)

Quote from: night777 on September 12, 2016, 11:02:14 PM
Rare is a base I make with more than 2 entrances. I think I'll use one position setting as a combat-preparedness roll call at the armory for red alert moments :)

I often make 2 lines of defense- an outside wall with doors and manned positions inside the killbox. It's great to pick off a few attackers while they're closing, then orderly retreat to the box with one button push.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

orannj

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on September 12, 2016, 11:24:33 PM
Quote from: orannj on September 12, 2016, 10:57:10 PM
I think it'd be pretty neat to be able to set up zones of defense. Setting a zone would let assigned colonists basically garrison the spot, and not leave it. This would be good for places like checkpoints and general muster areas. But it's great the way it is. :)

Good idea there, but how to assign colonists to zones? We want to keep this whole thing simple.
Edit: also, seems we already can do that in vanilla :)

I had no idea! :D I just started playing recently, and this is all very new to me. :) good to know though.

lc-soz

Would be nice to save the position while using a turret (like a mortar). I have 20 mortars in my colony and I think is very boring to assign one by one.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: lc-soz on October 19, 2016, 10:33:01 AM
Would be nice to save the position while using a turret (like a mortar). I have 20 mortars in my colony and I think is very boring to assign one by one.

Great idea there. I'll see how doable that is.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 1.2.0

Brace for epic update! Squad hotkeys are now a thing, as well as some more features to make your defensive positioning even easier.
The game will show you a dialog highlighting how to use the new hotkeys, can't miss it :)

lc-soz

MAN! You did it!! Thank you a lot! You're awesome!!  ;D ;D ;D

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: lc-soz on October 26, 2016, 12:46:29 PM
MAN! You did it!! Thank you a lot! You're awesome!!  ;D ;D ;D

How could I refuse :D
Haven't tested it, but far as I can tell it should even work with modded turrets.

lc-soz

Working perfectly with Turret Colection from eatKenny! UnlimitedHugs, you are my hero! Now I don't have to do 80 clicks so my army of turrets can obliterate an enemy.  ;D

Someone knows if it is possible to force a target for multiple turrets at once?

Wacoede

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: lc-soz on October 26, 2016, 04:42:21 PM
Working perfectly with Turret Colection from eatKenny! UnlimitedHugs, you are my hero! Now I don't have to do 80 clicks so my army of turrets can obliterate an enemy.  ;D

Yep! Looks like the emplacements from More Vanilla Turrets are working, as well. Good times.

Quote from: Wacoede on October 27, 2016, 12:22:55 AM
When is the steam workshop version updating?

Updated now. Looks like it's stable, so we're good to go.

erdelf

Hey, great mod. It really makes everything in that regard easier ^^

Altough I would like to request another feature.
A new button that does the same for areas, so you can quickly restrict non-combat people to specified areas.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: erdelf on November 09, 2016, 02:42:21 PM
Hey, great mod. It really makes everything in that regard easier ^^

Altough I would like to request another feature.
A new button that does the same for areas, so you can quickly restrict non-combat people to specified areas.

Frankly, that's already pretty easy to do in vanilla- just open the Restrict tab and drag the mouse over the "Allowed area" part. Turning it into a button would just add unnecessary complexity.

erdelf

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on November 09, 2016, 05:42:04 PM
Frankly, that's already pretty easy to do in vanilla- just open the Restrict tab and drag the mouse over the "Allowed area" part. Turning it into a button would just add unnecessary complexity.

ok, if you think so. I actually asked for someone else who specifically requested it to work like defensive position, but well..