[1.4] Defensive Positions (1.12.0) Assume the position!

Started by UnlimitedHugs, September 02, 2016, 03:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lethe

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 1.5.0
Well, this should do it for the A18 update.
I also made a minor addition- in advanced mode, pressing T multiple times in quick succession allows to select the position to send your defenders to. This also works for the "send all" key.

Happy defendin'  ;)
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

justhaze

good life!

kamuii

I Love you! This mod is going on my must have list.

crusader2010

Hi,
I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know why I can't see any icons on the "Defensive positions" button?
In the "simple" version I am shown a big red X, while in the advanced version... nothing.
The mod seems to be working fine otherwise.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: crusader2010 on December 17, 2017, 09:55:38 AM
Hi,
I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know why I can't see any icons on the "Defensive positions" button?
In the "simple" version I am shown a big red X, while in the advanced version... nothing.
The mod seems to be working fine otherwise.

Hey.
That's an odd one. Does it also happen when running it without any other mods?
If not, you could narrow down the conflict by doing the good old "disable half, check, then disable the other half, check, repeat".
Also, might help if you sent me your log using Ctrl+F12, after you see the problem.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

Canute

Before you start doing this you maybe should install and activate
Modswitch
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=35719.0
That made it a bit easyer to track down, and restore it afterwards.

crusader2010

Here is the log:  https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/196a07a3484e2d41751f37db963c24ad

Hopefully during the next few days I'll have the time to disable/enable mods and see when the problem disappears :) Too bad it's so damn cumbersome to start a new game (since we can't reuse an already generated map).

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: crusader2010 on December 17, 2017, 07:10:16 PM
Here is the log:  https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/196a07a3484e2d41751f37db963c24ad
Hopefully during the next few days I'll have the time to disable/enable mods and see when the problem disappears :) Too bad it's so damn cumbersome to start a new game (since we can't reuse an already generated map).

Nothing really stands out in the log.
If you switch to dev mode, you can quickly start a new game by shift-clicking the quickstart button.

crusader2010

Thanks for the shortcut! Didn't know about it until now.
Well...here's what happened: started a new scenario with the exact same mods and order -> defensive positions works perfectly and its icons appear ok. Then I loaded my saved game... and the icons are ok now!

No idea what happened here...

Thanks for the help and sorry for the wasted time :(

crusader2010

The problem surfaced again. The only way I can make the icons appear properly is if I load Defensive Positions last. My load order is something like this:
- ....(many mods)
- Runtime GC
- Hospitality
- Prepare carefully
- Path avoid
- Defensive positions
- Research Scrollbars

Whenever I move the mod above this spot, the icons stop loading. The quick start in developer mode didn't really help because they always appear properly, unless I load my saved game and then do a quick start (at which time they are wrong again).

It really starts to seem like a Rimworld restart issue (with the reloading of mods without quitting the game).

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: crusader2010 on December 18, 2017, 04:57:15 PM
The problem surfaced again. The only way I can make the icons appear properly is if I load Defensive Positions last. My load order is something like this:
- ....(many mods)
- Runtime GC
- Hospitality
- Prepare carefully
- Path avoid
- Defensive positions
- Research Scrollbars

Whenever I move the mod above this spot, the icons stop loading. The quick start in developer mode didn't really help because they always appear properly, unless I load my saved game and then do a quick start (at which time they are wrong again).

It really starts to seem like a Rimworld restart issue (with the reloading of mods without quitting the game).

Yep, the old broken-textures-on-reload problem was my first thought, as well. We do have the auto-restart now, though, so that should no longer be an issue. Unless one of the mods forces a def reload for some reason.
I still need a more narrow mod list to investigate the problem- with dozens of mods on that list I can't spare the time.

crusader2010

I cannot reproduce it in any way using the "Quickstart" shortcut. It only seems to happen with my saved game, which makes me think about some kind of corruption to it (maybe even RuntimeGC related, no idea really). Any kind of new game that i start, in any shape or form and with any mods/mod order, has the icons showing properly.

If I change the order of the Defensive Positions mod in my old save, then the error occurrs. Here's how:
- In the mod order from the first attached picture (test1.jpg), the icons don't load properly;
- If I change the order and move DP above Stuffed Floors, then the icons load ok;
- Now I can consistently reproduce the error this way, even when starting a new colony (but not by a quick start it seems).
- I'm generating 30% worlds with 350x350 maps.
- I reduced the amount of mods to those from the second picture (test2.jpg). The error can be reproduced/corrected by changing the mod order of Defensive Positions, like above.
- The saved game I'm using can be found here: https://mega.nz/#!ZFVl1DZA!btpIu1wSQHo-1I50--YDzdVm6VOA9CgCe3pzJtQAqDk

*** It seems that the mod Architect Sense had to be loaded before Stuffed Floors and I forgot to download it in the first place. After adding this mod, the icons for Defensive Positions loaded properly no matter the order. The other saved game worked too.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: crusader2010 on December 19, 2017, 04:31:47 PM
- snip -

Yep, the missing Architect Sense is the cause here. Without it, Stuffed Floors was causing an error and preventing later mods from initializing properly.
Kudos on your persistence, though, and I appreciate the detailed reports :)

crusader2010

Sorry it didn't turn out to be a bug with Defensive Positions (or I should say I'm glad it didn't) :) ...and for wasting your time.