[1.4] Defensive Positions (1.12.0) Assume the position!

Started by UnlimitedHugs, September 02, 2016, 03:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 1.5.2

Added a minor feature: colony buildings can now also be assigned to squads. This can help manage your turrets and temperature control buildings, among other things.
Also, the Russian translation now comes included with the mod.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on January 13, 2018, 04:11:18 AM
Updated to 1.5.2

Added a minor feature: colony buildings can now also be assigned to squads. This can help manage your turrets and temperature control buildings, among other things.
Also, the Russian translation now comes included with the mod.

That's great! How about we give you a hug for once, Mister Hugs? ;D

Ruisuki

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Ruisuki on March 31, 2018, 03:42:33 PM
safe to uninstall mid game?

Should be. You will get an error or two when loading up your save, but those are harmless.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

xi

Hi,

It would be nice if you can assign a restricted area to colonist as defensive position.

In my current game, i have 2 colonist who can't fight so in order to keep them safe and keep them active i put them into a restricted area.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: xi on June 26, 2018, 06:26:27 AM
Hi, It would be nice if you can assign a restricted area to colonist as defensive position.
In my current game, i have 2 colonist who can't fight so in order to keep them safe and keep them active i put them into a restricted area.

That's reasonable. I imagine that most tamed animals would also benefit from that.
How would you implement that in a clear and user-friendly way?

xi

It's complicated because i don't know what you can do with a mod and it's exclusive with position.

In order to select the zone is it possible to set a combobox ?

xi

After some thiking on it :
if it's possible to make a button contextual (like when you choose the material of an object). A second button exclusive with the first (maybe with the green check icon).

Another way but it a lot of work add a tab (like the restrictions one) with for each colonit / animal "No position", "Position1", 2, 3, 4, zone1, z2, z3, ...
On click on position cursor is used to select it.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: xi on June 27, 2018, 05:20:21 AM
if it's possible to make a button contextual (like when you choose the material of an object). A second button exclusive with the first (maybe with the green check icon).
Another way but it a lot of work add a tab (like the restrictions one) with for each colonit / animal "No position", "Position1", 2, 3, 4, zone1, z2, z3, ...

Yeah, I get what you're saying. We'll see.

Asteru

Quote from: xi on June 27, 2018, 05:20:21 AM

The way I've done it is a combination of defensive positions and better pawn control mods. When i'm going to enter combat, first i change to a "combat" policy with better pawn control that changes all the zone restrictions for my people, then i hit defensive positions which only drafts the ones i want and moves them to their location. Then afterwards just undraft, and change them back to a normal policy in better pawn control and they go back to whatever they want.

Thom Blair III

Oh man, this looks so awesome! Can't wait to try it! Thanks!
I was surprised to read about Angkor Thom in Cambodia. I looked up what "Thom" means and it's "big" or "great", so my avatar icon is ធំ which is "Thom" in Khmer.

MisterVertigo

Any chance for an update to the test version? I love this mod!
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: MisterVertigo on August 21, 2018, 01:25:39 PM
Any chance for an update to the test version? I love this mod!

Did the update a while ago, but I'll hold off on releasing until 1.0 goes public.
You can still get the new build on GitHub on the dev branch, if you know how. Make sure to use only the Mods/DefensivePositions folder.

MisterVertigo

I found the folder and can browse all the files but I can't figure out how to download them all without doing one at a time manually. Oh well, I guess I'll wait for 1.0 release. Glad to know that it will be updated though! Thank you!

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I found it! Thank you!
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 1.6.1
Fresh new build for B19. Also made some minor changes:

• Cleared the conflicting 'beauty overlay' key binding: The beauty overlay can go sit somewhere else, so that we can keep out favorite T key.
  • 'Select all' key will select more than 80 colonists: Hats off to you if you can take advantage of that.
  • Added ModSync config: If you're using ModSync, now you can be notified about updates right from within the game.
Have a great B19, folks :)