[1.4] Defensive Positions (1.12.0) Assume the position!

Started by UnlimitedHugs, September 02, 2016, 03:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnlimitedHugs

HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 1.8.0

Hey folks, I've got a nice and chunky update for you.
- The mod is now compatible with Zetrith's Multiplayer mod- you'll also need the Unofficial Multiplayer API mod by Pecius if you're going to play MP.
- Various usability improvements have been made. The button and slots now show visually when they have a saved position, and will show that position on the map when you hover over them. Also, the button now has a right-click menu for assigning and clearing positions. Additionally, the Shift key can now be switched to queue move orders, which should synergize nicely with Uuugggg's Gear Up and Go mod.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 1.8.1

Fixed compatibility with Parexy's official multiplayer API.
This fix was contributed by Teyloll.

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 1.9.0

The 1.1 update has arrived! Happy days!
I took the opportunity to rework some internals of the mod, and as a result each map can now store a set of defensive positions independently of other maps. Some other tweaks have also been made, see the release notes for those.
Take care, and have yourselves a wholesome 1.1.

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 1.9.1

Small update to improve focusing on squad members.
You can now press a squad key multiple times, and the camera will jump between all places occupied by squad members. This will also work within a single map, when the squad members are some distance apart.
I also added two settings to customize this behavior:
The first affects the minimum distance squad members must be spread apart to be considered worth jumping to.
The second affects whether only nearby members will be selected after a jump. This can be handy to separately control two separate groups without having to assign them to separate squads.
Yes, there is always the colonist bar for finding your peeps, but pressing a key is way quicker than pointing and clicking.

Let me know how well it works for you- perhaps more tweaking is needed.

EamoadArda

Hey,
first of all: Great mods! thanks a ton they made the game so much more enjoyable than it already was.

however i encountered a small (?) bug:

[HugsLib][ERR] DefensivePositions caused an exception during OnDefsLoaded: System.MissingMethodException: void HugsLib.Settings.SettingHandle.set_CanBeReset(bool)
  at HugsLib.HugsLibController.OnDefsLoaded () [0x0001a] in <ebdc186c036f4e6ab3205c8d09e30222>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
HugsLib.Utils.ModLogger:ReportException(Exception, String, Boolean, String)
HugsLib.HugsLibController:OnDefsLoaded()
HugsLib.HugsLibController:LoadReloadInitialize()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.<>c:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>b__27_0()
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart_Context(Object)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:RunInternal(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object)
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart()

i honestly have no idea what thats means, or if it is even a problem between hugslib and defensive, or if another mod is somehow connected to this, like misc. CORE.

anyway, thank you for the mods
and in advance; thank you for taking a look :)

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: EamoadArda on March 10, 2020, 12:32:29 PM
however i encountered a small (?) bug

Hey! Yes, I should have mentioned that. Please update your HugsLib version.
There used to be a system in place to check for that automatically, but that still needs fixing to work in 1.1.
We're all in a permanent state of "work in progress", as you may know :)

EamoadArda

Oh well that's a fairly easy solution for that problem. Thank you mate, for your quick response.
worked like a charm :)

slaveofpeon

Seems to be an error with the mod on steam after the Mar 29th update of Rimworld. Defensive Positions throws an incompatible/corrupted/mod conflict alert upon activating it. I removed all but Hugs, Harmony, and Defensive when i was checking. Otherwise I don't know whats happened.
Don't mention the elephant in the room, since no one knows it exists if we make a rule against it and never talk about it.

Mention Rum, Get Sixxed

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: slaveofpeon on April 02, 2020, 03:37:38 AM
Seems to be an error with the mod on steam after the Mar 29th update of Rimworld. Defensive Positions throws an incompatible/corrupted/mod conflict alert upon activating it. I removed all but Hugs, Harmony, and Defensive when i was checking. Otherwise I don't know whats happened.

Seems to be working on my end- perhaps a later official patch solved the issue.
If you run into the problem again, please include a Ctrl+F12 log.

Passenger009

Will the lastest version work with Rimworld 1.0 ?

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 1.10.0

Tagged as 1.2-compatible. No further changes.

Quote from: Passenger009 on July 26, 2020, 04:25:04 PM
Will the lastest version work with Rimworld 1.0 ?

Yep, should be fully compatible with both 1.0 and 1.1.

UnlimitedHugs

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 1.12.0

The update to Rimworld 1.4 is live.
Thanks to m00nl1ght-dev for the submitted update and Ragnar-F for the updated German translation.