[Solved]Pawns not using new cooking station

Started by BaconBits, September 02, 2016, 10:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BaconBits

Hey all! So, for some reason that I am unable to figure out, I can not get pawns to use the fireplace as a cooking source. I've re-written the code at least three times, referred to Wiki, Milon's xml page, and the core files. My pawns will refuel the fireplace, but will not cook. I can't even prioritize it. Any Thoughts?

Attached is the fireplace.xml and the workgiver.xml

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Master Bucketsmith

Master Bucketsmith

I've not done much with mods related to workbenches.
Maybe you need a RecipeDef?

theubie

Are you getting the bills on the fireplaces themselves?  Are they coming up correct when you select either of the simple meal or pemmican?

theubie

I think it's the thingclass for the base building.  Try this:

Change
<ThingClass>Building_WorkTable_HeatPush</ThingClass>
To
<ThingClass>Building_WorkTable</ThingClass>

The campfire uses Building_WorkTable and it's still able to push heat just fine.

Update:  Then again, looking at the actual assemblies that doesn't look like it should work at all.  *scratching my head*  Think you could zip up the whole mod?  I'll be happy to play around with it and see if I can figure it out.

BaconBits

@Master Bucketsmith: RecipeDefs huh? even if I'm not adding new recipes?

@theubie: The Fireplace mod is here https://www.dropbox.com/s/ssr3x082v1qwxb7/Fireplace%20Mod%20V1.5%20A15.rar?dl=0

Edit: I add the RecipeDefs and it made no difference.

theubie

Can not reproduce your issue.  installed your mod (complained about bamboo but ran ok).  Installed a small fueled fireplace.  Spawned some 'taters.  Set the bill for a simple meal.  Told a colonist to cook.  Boom.  One simple meal.

Crazy question:  you try using your mod on a new colony yet?

BaconBits

Yep, every time I start trying to fix it I start a new colony. I have had multiple colonies since I made the mod. I'm playing with the code right now as a matter of fact.

Edit: So I feel stupid, yet again. It was a mod order issue. Thanks for trying to help figure it out. I was wondering if you might help problem solve with my other mod?

Master Bucketsmith

Quote from: BaconBits on September 04, 2016, 11:50:25 PM
Edit: So I feel stupid, yet again. It was a mod order issue. Thanks for trying to help figure it out. I was wondering if you might help problem solve with my other mod?
Haha, that can happen. :)
Shoot away man, perhaps make a dedicated help topic for it so people looking for threads on the same topic find it much easier.