[B19] Improved Infestation - Fewer Hives, More Aggressive Bugs

Started by twoski, September 03, 2016, 01:20:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdalt40

Hey Twoski, what about changing it so hives depend on fresh corpses to reduce the reproduction timer, so the bugs would have a reason to hunt animals and colonists

Canute

Yep, would be nice if the hive got his own economy.
Megaspider hunt for nearest living being.
Spelopeda expand area around hive and harvest flora
Megascarab haul anything eatable for the hive.

The hive expand every x ticks or when it gather enough food.

GenericUsername

Any chance of getting this for A16?

I forgot how much I hated the infestation mechanics.

Didact04

Has anyone tested this for it it works in A16? I don't know enough about the update to know if it would break the mechanics implemented.

Dingo

It will definitely not work for A16 if it is not updated.

Love

twoski has actually PMed me a while ago (I mentioned this mod specifically) and said he is working on updates but the holidays were just cutting into his time. It'll be updated.

Didact04

Excellent. I didn't realize how much I hate the infestation mechanics till I saw this mod, where it dawned on me that I just go dev mode and destroy the hives instantly than deal with them. Interesting bugs would be preferred as well.

dethbeginsagain

To the mod creator, will you make this mod in the new update? also i have a way for you to get them to attack downed pawns, use the wargs hunting algorithm, it makes them actively hunt anything that they see as a meal. Lastly thank you for the mod! i loved it in my many play-throughs and thought it made the infestation a little more challenging. PS. take a look into making the mining tasks of the infestation's insects making them expand their hives much faster or in a more understandable manner, it seemed like they only mined stone randomly... giving them a reasoning to attack, like how sappers work would make them even more of a threat to fight.

twoski

i should have an update out in like a week. there were a lot of changes in a16 that affected this mod.

dethbeginsagain

thanks for letting the community know, also what will be new with it? or will it just be ported over how it is?

asquirrel

Quote from: twoski on January 02, 2017, 12:03:39 PM
i should have an update out in like a week. there were a lot of changes in a16 that affected this mod.

Thanks for the news!  I'm missing this great mod!! :)

twoski

updated for a16, let me know if (code) bugs are encountered

dethbeginsagain

Any new possible changes in this update?? I would love to see something a little new since your the only one to mod how the hives work!

notfood

Quote from: Canute on October 07, 2016, 05:52:47 AM
Yep, would be nice if the hive got his own economy.
Megaspider hunt for nearest living being.
Spelopeda expand area around hive and harvest flora
Megascarab haul anything eatable for the hive.

The hive expand every x ticks or when it gather enough food.

This is a neat idea. I support!

twoski

Quote from: dethbeginsagain on January 14, 2017, 09:02:49 PM
Any new possible changes in this update?? I would love to see something a little new since your the only one to mod how the hives work!

I did not make any changes other than those needed to port it to a16.