Wooden Beatdown (night owl)

Started by Shurp, September 03, 2016, 07:33:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shurp

My night owl recently spent a lot of time in bed with the plague.  He finally got over it, but now didn't want to sleep in the daytime because he was well rested.  So his mood plummeted and he was threatening to go berserk on my colonists.

Solution: my colonists pre-emptively beat him with wooden logs and sent him back to bed to recuperate.  He's quite happy now lying in bed in the daytime like he should be.

I'm starting to think a wooden beatdown is the solution to way too many problems in Rimworld...
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

ShadowTani

Naturally, naturally. But for the colony overlord/tyrant/dictator/[general community oppressor] bored of wooden logs, let me present the charge rifle. Awesome flashy shots that gives the victim a calming shock that luls them back to sleep that, usually, preserve their limbs and life.* And for the rare inevitable accidents one can't argue it wasn't their destiny for not being more chill in the first place. Especially useful for out of control pawns with infections, gets them back to bed in a swiffy. Buy, loot, or craft today. Tut.

* The possibly increased chance of death from pawn softcap not considered, but probably applies to wooden logs as well anyway

Seriously though, I do sometimes wish there was some non-lethal methods for dealing with out of control pawns. Gas-grenades with sleeping gas for example, if it was the toxic kind then overexposure would require the production and administration of antidotes to actually save the pawn afterwards. Chance of knock-out depending on targets consciousness level and time exposed to gas cloud. Gas masks probably would become a valid head gear as well then. x3 And the idea for bionic noses would actually not be completely redundant (outside fixing missing noses).

Shurp

I have yet to kill a colonist with a wooden log, so it seems pretty safe.  And if you imagine it's actually a police truncheon it's almost thematic -- well, thematic for those of us running interstellar suicide cults rather than colonies :)

But it would be cool to see tazers, rubber bullets, and duct tape in the vanilla game
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Wex

There is a way to control them.
You have to schedule an operation.
The first thing it happens is them getting anesthesia; at this point, stop the operation.
VoilĂ , pawn incapacitated, risk free.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

ShadowTani

I do that to get prisoners that is going to be sold into cryptosleep caskets after I fixed them up. Didn't know you could do that for colonists already rampaging, will have to try that. :3

Wex

No, no, no. Already rampaging colonist are not operable upon!
Do it BEFORE they start throwing s*it around.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

ShadowTani

Ah, I understand, useful for keeping sick patients from breaking while they need to remain in bed.

John_Bigless

Quote from: ShadowTani on September 03, 2016, 08:23:36 AM
Naturally, naturally. But for the colony overlord/tyrant/dictator/[general community oppressor] bored of wooden logs, let me present the charge rifle. Awesome flashy shots that gives the victim a calming shock that luls them back to sleep that, usually, preserve their limbs and life.* And for the rare inevitable accidents one can't argue it wasn't their destiny for not being more chill in the first place. Especially useful for out of control pawns with infections, gets them back to bed in a swiffy. Buy, loot, or craft today. Tut.

* The possibly increased chance of death from pawn softcap not considered, but probably applies to wooden logs as well anyway

Seriously though, I do sometimes wish there was some non-lethal methods for dealing with out of control pawns. Gas-grenades with sleeping gas for example, if it was the toxic kind then overexposure would require the production and administration of antidotes to actually save the pawn afterwards. Chance of knock-out depending on targets consciousness level and time exposed to gas cloud. Gas masks probably would become a valid head gear as well then. x3 And the idea for bionic noses would actually not be completely redundant (outside fixing missing noses).
WE NEED TASERS! WE NEED TASERS! WE NEED TASERS!