[A16] Ubie's Quality of Life Mods (3 mods) (ud:12/20/16)

Started by theubie, September 03, 2016, 07:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theubie

Below is a collection of my small Quality of Life mods.  These mods add functions that make your life easier as you play without changing the core game (much).

General QoL Mods FAQ
(if there are any changes to the FAQ for a particular mod, it will be in that mod's FAQ section, otherwise this FAQ should be accurate for each mod.

What are the requirements for your QoL Mods?

Most QoL mods do not require any other mods to function.  You simply need the base game.

How do I install a QoL Mod?

Download the file from the mod's section below.  Unzip into your mods folder.  You can also subscribe to the mod on Steam.  Afterwards, activate the mod in game.

What order should your mods be loaded in?

Most QoL mods can be loaded any time after the game's core mod.

Can these mods be used with old saves?

You should be able to use most QoL mods with old saves.  Check their individual FAQs to make sure.

Are these mods compatible with other mods?

Depends on the mod.  I write my QoL mods to be as mod friendly as possible.  Check each individual QoL mod's FAQ for more info.

I found a bug or would like to request a feature.  How can I let you know?

You can, of course, reply to this thread with that info...but if you want immediate response and would also like to track the status of the issue/feature use the link to the direct download.  On the official IPG page you will find the bug and feature request tracker at the bottom of the page.

Trading Spot - Control Where Traders Loiter

Direct Download
(Also available on Steam!) A16 A15

What this mod is:
Tired of traders parking themselves right outside your base...you know...between your turrets and the raiders?  Tired of the faction hits because of this simple mistake?  Tired of traders tromping around in places you don't want them to be?

Now you can control where traders stop when they visit your colony. Simply throw down your hand dandy Trading Spot and blamo!  YOU are in control!

It works just like the party spot, except the party is a trade caravan.

Reuse Policy:
You can use it in a pack and/or tinker with the source with my blessings.

Change Log:

v1.1.1
    -Fixed crash at load for maps that had a trading spot placed.
v1.1.0
    -Updated for Alpah 16
-Removed restriction for placing/moving/deleting your spot while traders are on the map.  (You have to live with yourself if you use it to cheese.)
v1.0.6
    -Fixed issue where large trader animals (Muffalo and other big 'uns) were still getting hungry.  Didn't realize that the hunger system isn't on a percentage scale.  Now using Maxhunger level so that all trader animals are magically kept full.
v1.0.5
    -Removed debug code that could prevent some maps from loading.
v1.0.4
    -implemented fix for trader's animals eating everything.
    -Added check for orphaned lordjobs.  Unfortunately, the game seems to break when I try to FIX an orphaned lordjob from inside the mod, but the mod can now detect when there is one, throw an error, then treat it as if it doesn't exist which should fix the "Orphaned LordJob ate my trading spot and now I can't place another one" issue.
v1.0.3
    -Fixed a bug where if you loaded a map with a trading spot placed that also had an active trade caravan, it would treat the already placed trading spot as if it were being placed for the first time...thus deleting it and giving you the message that you can't place a spot while an active trade caravan is on the map.
v1.0.2
    -Can no longer change location of trader spot while an active trade caravan is on the map.
    -Can no longer place a new trading spot while an active trade caravan is on the map.
v1.0.1
    -Initial release

FAQ:

Are there any known issues?

• If you place the spot in a completely inaccessible location, the caravan tends to freak out.

Shutdown All - Quickly Designate Mechanoids for Shutdown

Direct Download

What this mod is:
No more having to click each individual wiggling mechanoid just so you can get to their health tab and designate them to be shutdown.  Now, just grab your handy Shutdown All designator tool and treat those mechs like you treat your rock chunks!

Reuse Policy:

Change Log:

v1.1.0
    -Updated for Alpha 16
v1.0.1
    -Initial release

FAQ:

• Using the designator more than once on mechanoid will create a duplicate bill for shutdown.  This won't cause any problems, as once the Mechanoid is shut down, all further bills are removed.

Recolor Stockpile - Make your stockpiles pretty

Direct Download

What this mod is:
Tired of the same old boring pink stockpiles?  Are you OCD about how you want your base to look, but don't like hiding your stockpiles?  Want to make stockpile pixel art?  Then this mod is for you!  You can select exactly what color your stockpile will be, or use the old default method.  You have the power!  As of v1.0.3 this functionality extends to growing zones as well.

Reuse Policy:

Change Log:

v1.1.0
    -Updated for Alpha 16
v1.0.3
    -Extended to Growing Zones with all the same options.
v1.0.2
    -Added Basic/Advanced mode to allow users who are intimidated by the number of colors to show a much smaller list
v1.0.1
    -Initial release

FAQ:

• None so far.

Serenity

Thank you good sir!

I was just asking for this the other day:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=25521.0

Really annoying issue with them always sitting right on your defenses and getting shot up in a raid

dismar

theubie

And that post is why this mod exists.  I've been getting back into modding (kinda stopped in A10), and I was looking around the suggestion forum for an idea. 

This is a case of the forum doing exactly what it was intended to do.

Shinzy

Oooh go go TheUbie!

Redirects all the traders in the freezer

dismar

Less red and the link to steam! :) Thanks tho already subbed.

theubie

Quote from: dismar on September 03, 2016, 07:34:25 PM
Less red and the link to steam! :) Thanks tho already subbed.

But but...red is an eye catching color!  And linking to the steam release is making it just way too easy for the steam players to find it.  Need to make them earn their mods like us old time forum users!  (or, you know, I can just put the link up there.)

deslona

Works. Tried to place multiple to see what happens and it removes the old one.

AstroChimp

I can finally create a killbox for the traders. MUA HUA HUA
Jokes aside, this is incredibly exploitable. But hey, good work nonetheless.
Cat beards should be a thing.

theubie

Quote from: deslona on September 03, 2016, 07:47:45 PM
Works. Tried to place multiple to see what happens and it removes the old one.

Initially I had it allowing multiple and then randomly picking on when traders arrived, but I couldn't get the code for figuring that out to play nice with the resources and end up lagging the game out pretty badly.  Opted for the single allowed spot.

Quote from: AstroChimp on September 03, 2016, 07:54:26 PM
I can finally create a killbox for the traders. MUA HUA HUA
Jokes aside, this is incredibly exploitable. But hey, good work nonetheless.

Not quite sure exactly how exploitable it would be.  If the traders die you get dinged for it faction wise, so if you put the spot in an unsafe area you're going to eventually run out of traders coming in.  Seems like a self correcting system in that way.

Serenity

And they almost always hang around next to the turrets anyways. Maybe it's not like that all the time (haven't played the game for that long), but I've seen that in pretty much all my games. Whereas visitors come inside your base, the trade caravans seem to be prefer the perimeter, which is where the turrets tend to be. Or you observe where they hang out in your current game and make changes accordingly. So it's not that hard to kill them if you want to be an asshole.

theubie

Quote from: Serenity on September 03, 2016, 08:03:17 PM
And they almost always hang around next to the turrets anyways. Maybe it's not like that all the time (haven't played the game for that long), but I've seen that in pretty much all my games. Whereas visitors come inside your base, the trade caravans seem to be prefer the perimeter, which is where the turrets tend to be. Or you observe where they hang out in your current game and make changes accordingly. So it's not that hard to kill them if you want to be an asshole.

The function it uses literally is called:
TryFindRandomSpotJustOutsideColony();

So, yeah...that tends to be in the line of fire for a well defended colony.

BaconBits

Very Nice! I needed this, I don't know how many caravans were killed by visiting me at the wrong time.