[A16] Ubie's Quality of Life Mods (3 mods) (ud:12/20/16)

Started by theubie, September 03, 2016, 07:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

schwarzrotes

Quote from: hiepbg on September 20, 2016, 03:40:45 AM
Quote from: Serenity on September 04, 2016, 01:45:14 PM
Hospitality is about visitors. Not traders. And the author doesn't want to touch traders at all.

But when i enable both Trading Spot and Hospitality, Trading Spot doesn't  work. Traders continue go to kitchen and to eat all my meals.
put hospitaly on the end of the mods this helped me

theubie

Trading spot doesn't change any of the trader's behavior.  It just changes the target they choose to go to when they are on the map. 

oreganor

Regarding the fix for the ongoing save... It works one time but then it insist on denying replacing because a nonexistant trader is around. If I reload a save were I have defined the Spot, it's not there and I can place it one time... If I try to replace it the error about the nonexistant trader happens again, but at least, for as long as I don't reload I can have it were I want.
Contributions:
Melee Skill Rebalance

theubie

Zip your save file up and send it to me. 

The most recent version specifically fixes the "I saved with a trader on the map, and now when I load it eats my trading spot" bug.  However, there are times where a trade caravan's LordJob gets stuck, even though there are 0 pawns left in it.  I think it's probably a save error on Tynan's part, but I haven't worked to reproduce it.  Deleting that dead LordJob from the save fixes that issue. (had another user with this exact same issue, which is what lead to the fix for the disappearing spot)

Serenity

I've also had some issue like that. But I've been busy with other stuff going wrong all the time that I didn't really bother checking it out much.

oreganor

QuoteZip your save file up and send it to me. 

The most recent version specifically fixes the "I saved with a trader on the map, and now when I load it eats my trading spot" bug.  However, there are times where a trade caravan's LordJob gets stuck, even though there are 0 pawns left in it.  I think it's probably a save error on Tynan's part, but I haven't worked to reproduce it.  Deleting that dead LordJob from the save fixes that issue. (had another user with this exact same issue, which is what lead to the fix for the disappearing spot)

Thanks for the detailed answer... To save you time I will do the offending job test myself on the savegame and, as I have a lot of Mods, I will do the typical mod collision test and report back (I will freeze the original savegame and send it if both tests are negative and the bug still happens).
Contributions:
Melee Skill Rebalance

oreganor

Good catch... Indeed I got some Lordjobs stuck... 4!?!?!? in fact. And the oldest (Looking at Ticks in Toil) is a Siege that permanently "locked" a square because I killed an enemy pawn while it was trying to build a sandbag and was there "tagged" since forever.

Effectively there were 1 siege, 1 regular assault stuck in "retreat order", 1 land trader and 1 hospitality visitor.

I removed ALL lords section and your mod behaves properly (After load the Spot do NOT dissapear and I can happily relocate it as much as I like for as long as no trader is around).

I spared the unmodified savegame just in case it's usefull for you... But as you say looks like a Vanilla issue (I wonder if that anomalous way to end that initial siege is triggering chaos in further jobs).
Contributions:
Melee Skill Rebalance

theubie

I dinked around with it a little bit, and it definitely looks like something gets messed up when saving.  No rhyme or reason to it though.  When I get a chance to come back to this (finishing a TwitchBot mod, then working on the feature requests for Verify Starts) I think I'll make my check for a trader lordjob actually traverse it to see if there are indeed any pawns associated with it rather than just assume it's not orphaned.  That way even if Tynan never fixes the issue, it won't affect this mod.

theubie

v1.0.4 released.  Attempted fix for the orphaned lordjob issue, and also attempted to make the animals traders bring with them behave and not eat the food you just bought/your crops/everything in your freezer.

theubie

v1.0.5 released to remove some debug code accidently left in the mod that would prevent some games from loading.

Adventurer

theubie

Doh.  I forgot the old host I use to have the website one was crappy and I needed to use caching to make the site perform well.  Have completely forgotten to turn that off.  It should be giving the right version of the page now.

theubie

Topic name update.  I've got several small Quality of Life mods out (and more planned) so I'm converting this topic to house them all.  Don't want the forum mods to eat me.

Shutdown All 1.0.1 released.  A new designator tool to quickly mark all mechanoids that are downed for shutdown.  Useful for those late game Pandora raids.

theubie