[REQUEST] Muffalo farm

Started by karabeep, March 15, 2014, 03:44:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karabeep

would be great to have some sort of designate able area or fence and gate item that works to create a "barn" for the designated are so that u can make a colonist a farmer and send him to capture a muffalo or 2 and have them slowly reproduce

Serrate Bloodrage

Its a very cool idea and Im sure someone will correct me if Im wrong, but I believe it is eventually intended. Ty has even given the animals a sex. Reproduction seems like it could be based on the number of males/females you have

If only my colonist could have 'personal time' to reduced stress =D

karabeep

either way really want this feature lol

Serrate Bloodrage

Yeah mate, totally keen for that sort of feature aswell :)

If only my colonist could have 'personal time' to reduced stress =D

deadbeat88

Im more interested on domesticating boom rats. :D
Whatever you do, don't do it!

Darker

QuoteIm more interested on domesticating boom rats. :D
For what? It's like using nuclear missiles as decorative furniture!
Please... Throw human readable errors on savefile parsing failure!!!
Rim world editor Editor on GIT

deadbeat88

Quote from: Darker on March 15, 2014, 12:17:01 PM

I think my description would be a suffice answer to that.  ;)
Whatever you do, don't do it!

StorymasterQ

Quote from: deadbeat88 on March 15, 2014, 12:26:20 PM
Quote from: Darker on March 15, 2014, 12:17:01 PM

I think my description would be a suffice answer to that.  ;)
But...that just gave a new, entirely different yet awesome, meaning to the term 'nuclear missile' :D
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

hawkwing

Unrelated, but this got me thinking about making a muffalo stampede event. Where a large group of muffalo spawns on one side of the map and runs to another, attacking things in their way.

Could be a great way for ol' Randy to have a laugh, throwing raiders at you and then killing them off with a stampede as they came to attack.

Also, trained boomrats, attack dogs, and ridable muffalo would be amazing.

Back on topic, though, some sort of "fence" object would be useful for this. Something that didn't block light, had minimal bullet resistance, didn't create roofs, and couldn't be walked through. Of course, you'd need a gate... Sounds like the sort of thing Wood Economy might add / have already.
Rimworld mods are now available on The Nexus!
Rimworld Nexus
(Goodbye, 600kb upload limit!)

Cala13er

Currently impossible as we can not change animal behaviour. Otherwise I'd do thid.

Tynan

Quote from: Cala13er on March 18, 2014, 02:18:00 PM
Currently impossible as we can not change animal behaviour. Otherwise I'd do thid.

You can change animal behavior; you're an A3 tester and can write your own behaviors and behavior trees.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Hexxagon

How can one become a tester, I really would like to become one, sending bug reports and such, also I would like to try to get my mod, Modular Table, running. :D

rab397