[A16-B18] BaconBits' Mods ~ Updated to B18 ~11/30/17

Started by BaconBits, September 03, 2016, 07:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huntakilla

These mods look fantastic! wall torch/light, fireplace, barn? Why hasn't no one thought of these before?!

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: Huntakilla on September 08, 2016, 01:10:44 PM
These mods look fantastic! wall torch/light, fireplace, barn? Why hasn't no one thought of these before?!
That's exactly what I keep saying to him :p

Serenity

How about replacing the flame of the electric torch with a small light bulb?

BaconBits

@Serenity:  My concern is that it would be too similar to the wall light in the Additional Lighting Mod. But, I can play around with it.

Serenity

Getting this error with the Pack Muffalo:
XML Error: could not find Parent Node named "AnimalBase" for node "PawnKindDef". Full node: <PawnKindDef Name = PackMuffllo"

:(

And with the Fireplace I now get something about "Could not resolve cross-reference to Verse.ThingDef named Bamboo"
At least it happens just as I load that mod. And when I remove and restart the game the error is gone. Earlier it worked, but I just switched as many mods as I could to Steam. But I'm not sure if I had the latest Fireplace version before.

kaptain_kavern

This problem I know. Just change "AnimalBase" to "AnimalKindBase" in the code.

"AnimalBase" was in prior versions (A13?A14?) IIRC

I'm currently working on modded animals  ;)

CardiacKid

Hey BaconBits,

Love the mods, thanks for creating!

I am having a bit of an issue tho with your Barn Stall and Animal Feed Trough mods. Both are throwing the same error upon game startup about the target version. Screenshot of the debug log is attached.

Thank-you!

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

BaconBits

Glad you like 'em. Version should be fixed now, links are updated.  ;)

CardiacKid

Quote from: BaconBits on September 11, 2016, 09:58:10 PM
Glad you like 'em. Version should be fixed now, links are updated.  ;)

Thank you very much!

Arnold Rimmer

BaconBits, Are you aware of a possible BEP (Bug/Exploit/Problem) with the fireplaces regarding their
"consumption" of wood? I just noticed that a fireplace i built, but did NOT fill with wood
heats as good as the one next door which i DID fill with wood after construction.
I closed the room with the "broken" fireplace and am now waiting out the 7 days period
to see, if it isn't just burning from some wood that was "put in" as it was constructed.
(the small window says "Fuel:0/50" but maybe there's some hidden stuff?)

The chance for an exploit is not really THAT big, since you cannot forbid colonists to refuel it.
But to me, that's still not how it should work in a simulation :)
[Insert combination of words here]

BaconBits

@Arnold Rimmer: Thanks for the feedback, I'll take look at it.