[A16-B18] BaconBits' Mods ~ Updated to B18 ~11/30/17

Started by BaconBits, September 03, 2016, 07:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mackinz

Your mods and mod updates are rather amazing. Have you considered uploading them to the Steam Workshop as well as here? Many people would enjoy your animal related mods, for example.

Chrysander

Those look absolutely great! The best mods are often the ones where you think, "Tynan should have thought about that!" :)
I do have a suggestion, though: "Alpha" muffalo for the males confuses me. Alpha animals are usually the one dominant animal in their group, male or female. How do you feel about "Muffalo bull" instead? Also, sounds a bit like the RimWorld version of Buffalo Bill as an added bonus. ;)
Keep up the great work and thank you for making the game experience richer!

BaconBits

@Mackinz: Thanks, I'm happy people like them. I am not a Steam user, but, if someone wants put them on there all they need to do is ask me.  :)

@Chrysander: The Pack and Alpha Muffalo Mods are not mine and I was only given permission to update not alter them. It's difficult to make just one male the alpha. If possible, that would require C# coding which I don't know. I hope you're enjoying the mods.  :)

~ New Update ~

Chrysander

Goodness no, I wasn't suggesting to implement only one of the pack to be the Alpha. That'd be quite work intensive as you say.
Thanks for your answer and yes I'm enjoying the mods a lot! :)

Mackinz

I've noticed that several traders also use Dromedaries (camels) as pack animals for caravans. Any chance you could also make Pack Dromedaries like you have Pack Muffalos?

nachtfalter

The fireplace looks awesome. Definitely helps my colonists feeling at home =D

Tammabanana

Hi, Baconbits,

I love these. The graphics are gorgeous!

I'm tinkering with some cooking-related mods; I'd like to incorporate your fireplaces, if you don't mind? Obv, I'll credit you and link back to this forum post for the originals. (For ref, I'm using Steam.)

I'm poking around in the Fireplace code; I think some of your intended Joy aspects aren't going to trigger. "Social Relax" is working fine - as far as I can tell (I'm new at modding), that triggers off the "CompGatherSpot" that you have in the building base, and that's all you need for that. But it looks like you want the colonists to do some meditating at the fire, too?

Have a look at the Core files in Defs/Joy/JoyGivers.xml . I think you need to invent a fireplace-specific <JoyGiverDef> in that style, proooobably analogous to the ones for PlayChess or WatchTelevision or UseTelescope, depending on where you want the person to stand. And an invented fireplace-specific <JobDef>, like you would find in Defs/JobDefs/Jobs_Joy.xml. They might look something like this (I'm riffing off the PlayChess example, to use the SitAdjacent-ness of it):

<JoyGiverDef>
    <defName>WarmHands</defName>
    <giverClass>JoyGiver_InteractBuildingSitAdjacent</giverClass>
    <baseChance>1.5</baseChance>
    <thingDefs>
      <li>FueledFireplaceSmall</li>
    <li>FueledFireplaceBig</li>
    </thingDefs>
    <jobDef>WarmHands</jobDef>
    <joyKind>Meditative</joyKind>
<!-- I think this part refers to the pawn's health status. If they can't see, they can't play chess. I'd chuck this for warming hands by the fire... unless maybe they lost their hands... but am just commenting it out for the example.
    <requiredCapacities>
      <li>Sight</li>
      <li>Manipulation</li>
    </requiredCapacities>
-->
  </JoyGiverDef>

<JobDef>
    <defName>WarmHands</defName>
    <driverClass>JobDriver_SitFacingBuilding</driverClass>
    <reportString>warming hands at the fire.</reportString>
    <joyDuration>4000</joyDuration>
    <joyMaxParticipants>2</joyMaxParticipants>
    <joyGainRate>1</joyGainRate>
<!-- This is where you would let the Joy activity give skillups to something, if appropriate. I'd chuck this for warming hands by the fire, but am just commenting it out for the example.
    <joySkill>Research</joySkill>
    <joyXpPerTick>0.002</joyXpPerTick>
-->
    <joyKind>Meditative </joyKind>
  </JobDef>

Tam's tiny mods: forum thread: Kitchen Counters and other shelving *** Smoked meat *** Travel rations: MREs *** Pygmy Muffalo

ReconCrow

Good mod.
But I think you should merge some mod packs.

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: Tammabanana on October 08, 2016, 07:57:33 AM
I'm poking around in the Fireplace code; I think some of your intended Joy aspects aren't going to trigger. "Social Relax" is working fine - as far as I can tell (I'm new at modding), that triggers off the "CompGatherSpot" that you have in the building base, and that's all you need for that. But it looks like you want the colonists to do some meditating at the fire, too?

Have a look at the Core files in Defs/Joy/JoyGivers.xml . I think you need to invent a fireplace-specific <JoyGiverDef> in that style, proooobably analogous to the ones for PlayChess or WatchTelevision or UseTelescope, depending on where you want the person to stand. And an invented fireplace-specific <JobDef>, like you would find in Defs/JobDefs/Jobs_Joy.xml. They might look something like this (I'm riffing off the PlayChess example, to use the SitAdjacent-ness of it):
You are absolutely right about that!
Jeez I was helping Bacon Buddy a bit when he does this and we missed that one. Good catch

Darkmark8910

So uhhhh... BaconBits.

You know, I really like Bacon. I'm vegetarian and I love Bacon. I love eating Bacon.

Can you add in a mod that lets colonists make Bacon? Eat Bacon? LOVE Bacon? Pork bacon turkey bacon soy bacon all the damn bacon in the woooooooooooooooorld ^.O Ain't nobody gonna have a nervous breakdown when they get BACON for breakfast

Knedl

Hey baconBits! I love your mods and would like to ask if you plan to update to A16?

BaconBits

A16 Versions are up. If you have any issues let me know.

asquirrel

Any news on Mamuffalo being updated for A16?  I miss the big guy. :)

Alenerel