Pawns in the tribes scenario start hunger

Started by Thraxon, September 03, 2016, 08:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thraxon

Food bar is empty at the game start resulting in the stock lasting only a couple of day

sg1-aprophis

This is not a BUG!!!!! Always select your Pawns carefully since they can start with "Malnutrition Injurie" but yes the Food won't last long if u have a few Pawns with that Injurie.

Thats why you should get up a "Growing zone" as soon as possible and meanwhile find a few Berry Bushes to use!

Thraxon

This has nothing to do with malnutrition injury, every tribe pawns start with food bar almost empty

Plus you start with only 220 of it .  So each pawn eat 14 x 5 , then you only start with 150 pemican
Its 10 rations for 5 pawns. It last 2 days according your 3 pets doesn't eat your food but they do

In normal crash scenario you start with 30+ rations for 3 paws so food last 10 days.
Berrjes not viable anymore they are now longer to harvest .
Crops comes, but too late

Tribes start with no metal, and really short wood.
You need wood to make a room , 5 beds, bucher table, a table+ chair, a cooking stove who consume WAY TO MUCH fuel .

Pawns gets quickly many mood malus, eaten without table, slept outside, slept perturbed , eaten raw meat.

So you have to rush a lot of berries , rush wood a lot and get some hunt. You get starve before you finish the butcher table, so you get the worst mood ever in top of all thoses, eaten animal corpse.

Your pawns get mad and mad.

Pemican should not require both meat and vegetables and should be made at the butcher table instead of stove ( and give you a small mood like nutritive paste) to be more tribe focused tool.

Zokora

Wild Berries are still there you only have to search for them.

And Pemmikan and simple meal can also be created on a simple fireplace (ca 30 wood)

makkenhoff

Now, with this scenario, your surviving tribe members ran away from their home, after being attacked by something they did not understand. Now, scared out of their damn minds, they run as far as they can, carrying whatever they could. The few quickly gathered supplies aren't going to last much longer, so the decision is made to stop, and finally I would assume some wood is then gathered from the area before your given control. They are tired, hungry, and demoralized. The default tribal scenario is a tough one for all the right reasons. 

Pemmican requires you to heat the fats to a liquid, which you then add to the crushed and ground pre-dried meats and berries. And then sealed with fats usually in a rawhide sack, traditionally. (It actually created a bit of a vacuum seal, so it helped preserve it.)

On the flip side, I do think more ways of food preservation should be included, either by mod or default. I certainly think smoked and dried foods would be things tribals could do easily. Personally, keep in mind you are free to make your own less traumatic tribal scenario, which is what it sounds like your actually wanting - you could easily craft a "migrating tribe" start, and give them additional food and supplies. I've done that on the rich explorer, made it more customized to how I would prepare myself if I were doing it, if I had buckets full of silver, even tried to keep it somewhat balanced by lowering my starting silver.

*edit* I went ahead and made one, to just kind of show you what I meant.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

ItchyFlea

All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created