[Solved] Hopper storage and Auto dispense?

Started by BaconBits, September 06, 2016, 08:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BaconBits

The xml code for the hopper doesn't seem to show a storage/stack limit and I know there is one. How can I change the storage capacity of the hopper through the xml file.

Also, Is it possible, through xml coding, to make the hopper "Auto Dispense" into an adjacent storage item? 

Thanks  :)

Jaxxa

I think it just uses the stack limit for the specific thing that it is holding.

What do you mean "Auto Dispense" ing?

BaconBits

You know those animal feeders (dogs and cats) where they have a container attached to a bowl that gravity feeds (Auto Dispenses) into the attached bowl.

I want make a hopper fill my animal feed trough automatically.

Edit: So I would have to change to stack limit of "Hay" so I could store, say, 10,000 or more?

Jaxxa

Is "animal feed trough" from a mod? I dont remember it.

Usually Hoppers do not really do much, and any Refilling / Pulling Resources happens from the Building that is using the Hopper, not the Hopper itself. Adding this sounds like it will need C# modding.

BaconBits

Animal Feed Trough is one of my mods.

Well damn, I don't know C#.

MinutesToWeekend

If you don't know C# I'm not sure how helpful this will be, but I made a small mod for personal use that stores items in a dispenser building. The mod even uses a hopper to feed, so it sounds very similar to this. You can take a look here: https://github.com/MoyTW/MTW_Dispensers

You don't need to have C# to get the CCL hopper to limit its accepted items - that can be configured only in the defs.

In order to modify the stack size, you do need to do some detouring (which requires C# and the CCL) - I copied the code to do so from Skullywag's Extended Storage mod.

BaconBits

Thanks, I'll take a look at it for sure.
My GF is the one who wanted this so I guess I'll have to learn C# to get it done.