Simple Colony Robots and or Mechanoids

Started by Draegon, September 04, 2016, 09:37:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draegon

I got a colonist today that is a Roboticist and was thinking, why not add simple robots to the game or allow mechanoids to be hacked? The robots would be rather simple, they could be programmed to do one task ONLY and could be built via the machining bench or purchased. Mechanoids would be more difficult, they would have to be downed and then repaired via a colonist with materials of a special production bench and hacked to obey the colony. To make them not as OP it could require a high skill or would have a chance of failing and killing the mechanoid (self destruct sequence maybe?). The robots as I imagine them would look like mechanical colonists with red eyes. Feel free to post your thoughts on the matter :D

MeowRailroad

Alternatively you could just have jury-rigged mechanoids that are basically animals, except instead of training they could be programmed, using research skill. The art could be a regular mech but with some improvised implant sticking out.
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

14m1337

Quick_Silver - The One And Lonely
My posts may sometimes be filled with (sarcastic) humor - it's up to you to find it out on your own.
Usually drunk on Mondays from 21:00 to 03:00 CEST.