[A15] Wandering Caravans v1.1.3 (23/09/2016)

Started by general222291, September 05, 2016, 03:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

general222291

Overview

Wandering Caravans adds wild pawns with inventories.

Wild pawns like Muffalo's and Dromedary's used in trade groups as caravans for transporting from colony to colony may spawn randomly near your colony, after being separated by it's previous trade group. Killing these wandering caravans will yield a wide range of many resources that can be used by your colony.

To-Do:
- Add different types of wandering Muffalo's (combat supplier, narcotics trader etc)
- Add different types of animals for different biomes
- Create higher quality textures
- Create a notification when a wandering caravan spawns on the map

Known Bugs:
- You can actually tame and breed wandering caravans, and baby wandering caravan will spawn with gear :P [Fixed v1.1]
- Wandering caravans can appear in trade ships (which seems illogical) and causes the game to crash when attempting to buy one. [Fixed v1.1.1] - Thanks to Haiys for pointing this bug out!

License
Include my mod in any modpack without permission, but please credit!!
Please ask if you want to use my content for creations of your own (I will most likely allow it, but I would like to know :) )
But please don't use any of my content for commercial use :)

Download
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m6ddq1573z2l9rf/WanderingCaravans.rar?dl=0
Steam Workshop - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=759678026

Want to help me out and support my content?
Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/general223
Mods:
Wandering Caravans [A15]

Yautja

Will this cause some negative factor with other tribes? Since this mufallo comes from them

general222291

Quote from: Yautja on September 05, 2016, 03:45:36 PM
Will this cause some negative factor with other tribes? Since this mufallo comes from them

Not currently, but I may add it in the future :)
Mods:
Wandering Caravans [A15]

«Temple»

I will see how easy it is, with your permission I would like to upload the file to here(as a attachment) so you can do what you want with it as it is your mod.

general222291

Quote from: Hunter00064 on September 05, 2016, 04:29:04 PM
I will see how easy it is, with your permission I would like to upload the file to here(as a attachment) so you can do what you want with it as it is your mod.

Really :o ? That would be the best man :D
I am still in the long process of learning C# and your help with making my content better means the world to me :)
You have full permission, and will be credited of course ;)
If you upload the file and I can decompile it for education purposes that would be amazing.
Mods:
Wandering Caravans [A15]

Nanao-kun

So with this mod, some trade caravan muffalos will randomly be one of these and stay on the map instead of leaving?

«Temple»

Sorry for getting back to you late, I have the DLL and everything, but I get a error when I spawn them in(The faction tag wont stick to them and I cant find out why)

general222291

Quote from: Nanao-kun on September 12, 2016, 07:56:25 PM
So with this mod, some trade caravan muffalos will randomly be one of these and stay on the map instead of leaving?

Sorry, could you please specify what you mean by 'these'. The caravan muffalos have the same behaviour as regular muffalos, and can leave the map the same way as any other muffalo.
Mods:
Wandering Caravans [A15]

general222291

Quote from: Hunter00064 on September 12, 2016, 10:22:28 PM
Sorry for getting back to you late, I have the DLL and everything, but I get a error when I spawn them in(The faction tag wont stick to them and I cant find out why)

Thank you very much for trying. You could send me the DLL and I could take a look, or if it's too stressful you could just leave it with me or forget about it :)
Mods:
Wandering Caravans [A15]

Nanao-kun

Quote from: general223 on September 13, 2016, 02:39:56 AM

Sorry, could you please specify what you mean by 'these'. The caravan muffalos have the same behaviour as regular muffalos, and can leave the map the same way as any other muffalo.

I mean, they (Wandering Caravan Muffalo) arrive with a trade caravan but don't follow the trade caravan when they (Trade Caravan) leave.

general222291

Quote from: Nanao-kun on September 13, 2016, 11:50:57 AM
Quote from: general223 on September 13, 2016, 02:39:56 AM

I mean, they (Wandering Caravan Muffalo) arrive with a trade caravan but don't follow the trade caravan when they (Trade Caravan) leave.

The lore is that the Muffalo's (and now Dromedary's) arrive alone, after being separated from their trade groups. They can then be killed for random items that they are carrying.
Mods:
Wandering Caravans [A15]

Exende

I for one would have loved the baby piñata muffalo :(, RIP

general222291

Forgot to mention, mod updated to v1.1 :)
Fixed a few bugs and added wandering Dromedary's
Mods:
Wandering Caravans [A15]

Haiys

The game crashes when I try to buy wandering caravans from trade ships. Anyway to disable wandering caravans from being sold or a fix?

general222291

Quote from: Haiys on September 18, 2016, 11:00:42 AM
The game crashes when I try to buy wandering caravans from trade ships. Anyway to disable wandering caravans from being sold or a fix?

Thanks for pointing that out; I will try to remove them from trade ships as it doesn't seem logical.
Mods:
Wandering Caravans [A15]