Winning showcase & rewards

Started by Yaso, September 06, 2016, 04:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yaso

Ending/winning a game currently has no real benefit. It is just like stopping to play the colony that you spent days (or weeks) to build.
I would like to have some kind of incentive to really go for that ship and finish the game.

Here is an idea (and probably there are even better ones):
First of all, a score would be nice (e.g. based on difficulty, people saved, happiness, etc.). It would also be cool to then have some kind of your own leaderboard, where you also would have a list of your colonist and maybe even a screenshot of your base (see for example FTL). Sometimes I get really involved into my guys and the base they build, so it would be great to have such a kind of showcase to remember the time when my sex-slave Mary single-handedly managed my whole fucking base like a manatee on ecstasy while her violent good-for-nothing husband Johnson had one nervous break-down after the other while staring at the sky.

As a reward, e.g. when playing on Hardcore Modus, you could also earn points based on your score. Such points you could spend for example when starting a new game to increase the skills of your initial crew (e.g. 1 point for +1 in a skill, 3 points for +2, 6 points for +3 etc.), add interests, remove negative properties, add positive ones, and so on. Nothing really game-breaking. Instead of hitting that randomizer button again you could just tweak a character a bit more to your liking.
There could also be like a global reward tree - e.g. colonist move x% faster, heal x% better, can carry a bit more, buildings cost a bit less etc. - again nothing game-breaking, just some small little permanent boni.

What do you think (and forgive me, if this was discussed before)?