Plants Disappearing?

Started by TheClassiness, September 05, 2016, 11:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheClassiness

Plants seemingly disappear into thin air, even when proper growing conditions are met. The temperature is +17C outside, yet plants are disappearing as if they're too cold and dying.

I know some of my crops are being eaten by animals as I've seen, but they're literally just poofing in front of my eyes. Just an ordinary growing plot outside, on some 100% fertile dirt.

Calahan

Are there any map conditions in effect? Poison ship, volcanic winter, etc?

And are you please able to upload a save file where this is issue is happening? Since it's pretty tough to reproduce this error just based on your OP. If you read the following thread on how to report a bug, and in particular step #4.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=513.0

"Steps we can follow to make the bug appear on our machine. - This part is important! We need a set of steps which we can follow to get the same results you're seeing. Ideally you'll test these steps to make sure they work from scratch."

TheClassiness

I think I realize the problem. The poison ship part, I kinda disregarded it as I assumed it only killed plants in a certain radius around it (aka the snow around it), not some invisible radius that kills plants.

My bad, just learning about the game even three years after I started playing. xD

Calahan

No worries. There have been several posts on the forums asking why crops were mysteriously disappearing, and I think every time the reason has been a poison ship part. So you're not alone in that regard. And for quite a while I thought they only affected the area around them as well, until I left one for longer than normal and noticed the plant life dying off as a result.

I'm glad you have your answer though, and I'll close this thread now as a non-bug.