An absurdly big idea

Started by Names are for the Weak, May 28, 2017, 11:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Names are for the Weak

You know the urbworlds? The mostly city planets that are really horrible to live in? Well, I had idea; give players the option to play in one! Now, I recognize that is would be a massive undertaking, perhaps even worth making an entirely new game about. But think about it. You could start out as a street gang, mugging random passers-by for food and money. Mechaniods and policemen could occasionally raid you, as well as other gangs. Companies and scientists could drag off members of your gang in order to do horrible, unethical science experiments on them. It would be like playing on a rimworld, except in an entirely different setting. Heck, someone could probably make a total conversion mod out of this idea.

A Friend

Yeah... that sounds like a different game entirely. Pretty fun sounding concept though.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

SpaceDorf

If you use the Fewer Ruins Mod ( now with settings )
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=32192.0

you can crank the ruins up to eleven on the map and it looks like a destroyed city ..
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Harold3456

A populated city would cause memory overload (I don't know about you, but my middling PC already gets performance issues once the raids start getting huge and I have a large stockpile of wealth - all of which requires a bit of memory). However, I have been itching for an abandoned city map forever. One where the main terrain is cement - streets, parking lots, vehicles (denoted as crashed ship parts, I guess).

Where you have to scavenge through unexplored houses (many of which may hold the "Ancient Danger" risk and attack you with bugs or cryo-frozen survivors as soon as you break into them), break or reinstall all the furniture on the map because there are hardly any trees, farm out of areas that were once backyards, and have all the raid events basically be giant street fights using alleys and narrow roads.

SpaceDorf

Than the mod is just for you .. you can set
ruins, geysiers, danger rooms and minable ressources.

add a concrete mod to the mix ( haven't found a17 yet ) and embark on a ancient road ..

TreeStump

It would be a great idea, but instead of a new map, you could have destroyed cities on the world map that you could explore and find loot. You would have to send a caravan to it to explore. When you would get there you could be attacked by raiders, mad animals, or mechanoids. You could also find another faction there and trade with them.

SpaceDorf

The picture of the destroyed city mod looks remarkably like the result of Rainbeaus' Mod :)