Custom Appearances

Started by TimMartland, March 15, 2014, 07:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimMartland

Would it be possible to edit the appearance of the starting colonists? I'm tired of naked/mohawked/creepy colonists, and it would be awesome to be able to more deeply customise them (As an option - its perfectly fine to just use the first 3 you get for a challenging experience)
'Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying'
-Arthur C. Clarke'
'Needs moar boosters!'
-Jebadiah Kerman

James009

I second this idea. Just add a few boxes on the right side of the screen letting you preview the character and buttons to change the face, hair, body, and clothing of the character. It's a non-balance related feature that really has no reason NOT to exist.

Besides... I'll just go into my savegame and make them look how I want anyways :P
Better to have it as a game feature then a game liability!
Lets Crashland Here Simulator!

Serrate Bloodrage

Until I figure out how to mod in a hairdressers chair and closet I will continue to mess with the saved games :p
unless this feature is added!

If only my colonist could have 'personal time' to reduced stress =D

Videotapes

I'd also like this feature.  It's a pain to edit each character individually in the save files if I'm trying to set up a specific kind of colony.

linkrag

Any feedback on this? I rly like the ideia, no more randoming for 1 hour until you find a colonist the way you want to. I would like to edit the gender, skin colour, hair style and colour and body style, nothing that has effect at skills or something like that.

Stormkiko

In the meantime the "EdB Prepare Carefully" mod allows you to do all of that.