[A15] MBS Faux Rock Wall v1.0 - blend in with nature! (08-09-2016)

Started by Master Bucketsmith, September 08, 2016, 05:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Bucketsmith

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xskg5igzuq51awm/A15%20MBS%20Faux%20Rock%20Wall%20v1.0.7z?dl=1
Steam Workshop link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=760281834

Description:
Adds buildable walls that look like natural rock. Completely blends in, links with other natural and buildable walls.
Otherwise functions as a regular stone wall of the same stone type.
Takes slightly longer to build and costs 7 stuff per tile. (As opposed to 5 stuff for a normal wall.)

Compatibility:
Should have no compatibility issues with savegames and other mods.

Current issues:
- For some reason the game puts Jade in the same category as stone, so it's available as a material option.

Credits:
- Ludeon Studios for the game and assets on which this mod is based
- Forged_Hero for his idea here https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=25824.0

Short version of license:

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
"You can do nearly everything you want, but must credit the original author and redistribute it under the same license."
I'd totally wanna know what you made and how my work might have helped you! ;D

Changelog:
Version 1
   - Initial release

Screenshots:

Master Bucketsmith

BaconBits

Nice, now I don't have to use dev mode to fill in the holes left from mining. Thanks bud, nice work.  :)

Deimos Rast

So now I can tear down nature, and build fake versions of it to replace it instead? I approve. ;D
#StopPluginAbuse

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: Master Bucketsmith on September 08, 2016, 05:27:30 PM
Current issues:
- For some reason the game puts Jade in the same category as stone, so it's available as a material option.
Can't you use
<exceptedThingDefs>
   <li>Jade</li>
</exceptedThingDefs>

Like in a recipeDef?

Congratz for the release BTW  8)

Master Bucketsmith

Quote from: BaconBits on September 08, 2016, 06:24:56 PM
Nice, now I don't have to use dev mode to fill in the holes left from mining. Thanks bud, nice work.  :)
Quote from: Deimos Rast on September 08, 2016, 06:46:18 PM
So now I can tear down nature, and build fake versions of it to replace it instead? I approve. ;D
Correct! :D
Stats-wise they're basically the same as normal constructed stone walls of the same stone type so there's nothing OP about this.
Purely a quick little fix to plug holes with a natural look.

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on September 08, 2016, 08:17:51 PM
Quote from: Master Bucketsmith on September 08, 2016, 05:27:30 PM
Current issues:
Can't you use
<exceptedThingDefs>
   <li>Jade</li>
</exceptedThingDefs>

Like in a recipeDef?

Congratz for the release BTW  8)
Thanks! :)
I'm not sure what you mean with that tag. Walls don't use a recipeDef, I think.

aper

Thundercraft

Suggestion:

I really like the idea of being able to build walls that mimic natural rock as I've been wanting to do this. However, since these walls cost 7 stuff per tile instead of the usual 5 (or 40% more) and they require 250 work instead of vanilla's 150 (or 67% more), why not increase <MaxHitPoints> to make them a bit more durable? Say... 490 instead of the usual 350 (or 40% more)?

Reminder:

Over on the Steam page a comment mentioned that the A15 version works with A16 without error. When you find the time, can you update the target version so other players will notice this?

potter3390

Wilponderroci

the question here is do enemy AI see it as constructed wall or is is CAMOUFLAGED???!!!?!?!?!?!?!?

Ps Hi Thundercraft ;) see your here over from Avorion forums :P

Ahhhh yeah....  lol post is almost a year old.... fml.   : ???