[A15] Animal Hide Working v2.11

Started by ItchyFlea, March 15, 2014, 10:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItchyFlea

Uploaded a new version which adds the beauty stat to each rug.
Special Thanks to Nommy for pointing out the code required to do that.

The 1x1 rugs have a beauty stat of 25, 1x2 is 30, 2x2 is 35 and 3x3 is 45.
The human rug has a beauty stat of -25. I also gave it a new description which a certain person may or may not find amusing.
Who I'm referring to will become apparent when you read the new description. :D
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

ItchyFlea

It's that time again. A new version of the game brings updates to mods.

Since the new version of the game brought in an art system, this mod was given a new feature, taxidermy.

New things added to the mod:
New rugs for the 3 new critters added to the game. (Hare, Elk, Beaver) (Currently using boar rug texture as a placeholder.)
Ability to place rugs underneath most things, such as beds and worktables. Now your colonists can have that lovely muffalo rug underneath their bed. (See note at bottom)
Taxidermy. This feature is a result of the new art sculpture system.
To stuff a critter you need the following:
The corpse of the critter you want to stuff.
Up to 75 cloth.
A taxidermy table (Found in the production tab)
Once you have those, stuffing something is easy. Just place a bill on the table and wait for your colonist to complete it. When they've crafted the stuffed critter, you can install it as a work of art around your base. They can also be traders with traders, so you can get stuffed critters from other regions to complete your collection.

Note: Build the table/bed before placing a rug underneath it. This is a limitation of the feature I'm exploiting to add this feature to rugs.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

caesius

where is old versions? need alpha 7 version mod plz!!

and....animal rugs...um..great...what about human lugs? it provides human rugs too???

ItchyFlea

Quote from: caesius on December 18, 2014, 04:51:16 AM
where is old versions? need alpha 7 version mod plz!!

and....animal rugs...um..great...what about human lugs? it provides human rugs too???
Yep. There is a human rug.
Can't taxidermy people though, although I'm considering adding that feature.

As for the alpha 7 version, you'll have to grab the scratch pack as I don't keep copies of the older versions of my mods.

Rikiki

Nice work ItchyFlea!

Would it be possible to have hunt trophy like the attached image?
I know it may be hard with the 2-3D but it would be so nice in the dining room with a stone fireplace... ::)

[attachment deleted due to age]

john pretzel

Dude1925

Hey ItchyFlea, any chance you can speak to Kirid and see about making this and Alpha Muffalo compatible so we can make rugs & stuffed statues of the alpha?

ItchyFlea

Elk rug texture added.

Quote from: Dude1925 on December 19, 2014, 07:55:09 AM
Hey ItchyFlea, any chance you can speak to Kirid and see about making this and Alpha Muffalo compatible so we can make rugs & stuffed statues of the alpha?
Sure, but textures will take awhile, as the person who makes the rug textures is quite busy these days.

Dude1925

Quote from: ItchyFlea on December 21, 2014, 02:35:03 PM
Elk rug texture added.

Quote from: Dude1925 on December 19, 2014, 07:55:09 AM

Okay, thanks for the response. I'll be waiting to see if this ever happens. Still a great mod by the way!
Sure, but textures will take awhile, as the person who makes the rug textures is quite busy these days.

InfiniteRemnant

made you a more rabbit like placeholder for hare you can use while you wait for your usual artist. see attachment.

[attachment deleted due to age]

ItchyFlea

And new textures have been added.

The Beaver rug now has it's own texture.
I have also added the placeholder hare texture created by InfiniteRemnant. Thank-you for that texture. :)

The remaining textures will be added as I receive them.

ItchyFlea

Two updates one day.

The hare texture has been added, which completes the new animals added in the A8 update.

Khaosius789

Apparently I'm dumb, but which table do you make the rug at?

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Khaosius789 on February 02, 2015, 08:11:18 PM
Apparently I'm dumb, but which table do you make the rug at?
The rugs aren't at a table. They are under a new tab in the architect menu called "Rugs"

ItchyFlea

Updated to Alpha 9
Made stuffed animals use the Unfinished Thing system. (Like clothing and sculptures.)