[A15] Animal Hide Working v2.11

Started by ItchyFlea, March 15, 2014, 10:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItchyFlea

Quote from: isistoy on July 08, 2015, 06:43:26 AM
It is a vanilla game change. Check your workgiver classes. I believe there is no workgiver_unfinishedthings as is, anymore
Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't think xml code would be altered in the 11b update.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

ItchyFlea

I've updated the mod to fix a key binding issue and to hopefully fix the workgiver issue as well.
This update may affect colonies that are currently in progress.

If you find that this update breaks your current colony, download the previous version of the mod. I've put in a link for it in the op under downloads. When you start a new colony, update the mod to the new version.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

isistoy

Quote from: ItchyFlea on July 08, 2015, 08:32:15 AM
Quote from: isistoy on July 08, 2015, 06:43:26 AM
It is a vanilla game change. Check your workgiver classes. I believe there is no workgiver_unfinishedthings as is, anymore
Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't think xml code would be altered in the 11b update.
No pbs, just got my first bite of this and it is of a conflicting taste, to say the least :)
<Stay on the scene like a State machine>

Ouan

Quote from: ItchyFlea
/quote]
Can you reproduce the issue where it comes up saying "could not find workgiver_finishedunfinishedthings"? If you can, please do so, and post as an attachment here the output_log.txt file. That might help me see if the bug is something with my mod, the specific combination of mods you're using, or the game itself.
Sorry, I did not get you that error log before now, but I see that you have a new version up. Thanks a million. I will try it our this weekend to let you know if it cause me any conflicts. I will snip and paste an error log if I can make one with the new version.
Damn Pirates!

caesius

Would you make it possible to stuff human to make mannequin? Which gives normal pawn some minus mood but pcychopath some plus mood (or just human stuffing...)

Ninefinger

Just wondering if you or anyone would be willing to make textures for some or all of the added animals from my modified biodiversity mod in the Ultimate overhaul Modpack, I just need the textures made for the rugs and i can take care of the xml stuff. If not that is cool though. Cheers.

Added animals are:

-Alphalo
-Buffalo
-Hedgehog
-Bruiserhog
-Furx
-Lacosdile
-Rimdog
-Rimram
-Rimwolf
-Snork
-Spindlecrib
-Quadhog

Boston

Hello,

what I was wondering is: can I sell the rugs?

I am playing under the "Tribal Challenge", and it would be awesome to be able to RP the various rugs as furs that I am trading. I notice that they have a "value" under the information tab....

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Boston on August 15, 2015, 04:56:43 PM
-snip-
No, you can't sell them as they are classed by the game as buildings.

That value is being generated by the game. Most probably to be used for the calculation of colony wealth.

ItchyFlea

Updated to work in Alpha 12.

I have not made placeholder rugs for the new animals introduced by Alpha 12.
The new rugs will instead be added when textures for them are ready. Content-wise this mod is the same as the Alpha 11 version.

falcongrey

When Tynan says:

Quote from: Tynan on March 17, 2014, 03:48:23 PM
Ahhh! This is awesome.

This becomes a mod that I MUST consider and at least check out! :P
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

isistoy

It surely now makes it a lot more sensible to have, now that there are tameables!

So many pets deaths, already :D
<Stay on the scene like a State machine>

Tekuromoto

I found it weird/annoying that stuffed animals turned up in the apparel list (what really got me going was having them Crash Land with apparel crates) so I poked around a bit in the code folder to see how furniture items were defined and found you can change a bit of the stuffed animals def to fix it up.

In AnimalHideWorking\Defs\ThingDefs\AR-StuffedAnimals.xml I changed

<thingCategories>
        <li>Apparel</li> <!-- Because the art category only accepts art with the defName "SculptureAbstract" -->
    </thingCategories>

to

<DesignationCategory>Furniture</DesignationCategory>

and everything seems to work fine. You still need to be an artist to craft, and you can uninstall and move them like normal.

Thanks for the great mod - still looking forwards to being able to stuff and mount the colony's heroic dogs some day!  ;D

ItchyFlea

They're in the clothing category so that they show up on trade ships without requiring a modification to traders. That was done because at the time when they were implemented I couldn't do what I wanted to do. (Hence the note about the art category.) When I next update the mod I'll see if Tynan has changed it so that modders can add additional things to the art category.

Tekuromoto

Ah, I knew there had to be some logical reason it was done that way.

Could they be set up like joy items, ie TVs or telescopes? But then I guess colonists would try to interact with them.  :o

edit: And yeah, making them furniture didn't work - they show up in the furniture architect menu. Somehow I didn't notice that last night.

ascdren

I can't seem to find this mentioned anywhere so asking, can you taxidermy humans?